Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
Pool Installation [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Pool Installation

Holly
05-22-2007, 04:49 PM
My friend Cindy, who I work with, bought an 18 foot round above ground pool last fall. It's paid for, BUT, she did not pay for installation. Watson's wants $600 to install it. :mad:

Anybody need/want a side job? She lives in Harrison, and will pay somebody to put it up, but she can't afford $600. She said it will have to wait until next year unless she can find a better deal.

Her and her boyfriend are willing to help put it up (the actual work), but they have no idea how to go about it.

PM me if you are interested in a side job helping a cracker out.

Thanks peeps.

Black Hole
05-22-2007, 05:05 PM
I've never done one, but I think it's pretty simple......get the ground level (dig where necessary), get a base with 3-4" of sand, level everything out and build from there. You'll need electric to power the pump and filter.

My buddy has done a few.....but he's a half-ass, so I wouldn't trust him to do one for me, nor would I recommend him to do one for someone that I know. (but if he can do it without screwing up.....anyone should be able. ;) )

Holly
05-22-2007, 05:08 PM
My buddy has done a few.....but he's a half-ass, so I wouldn't trust him to do one for me, nor would I recommend him to do one for someone that I know. (but if he can do it without screwing up.....anyone should be able. ;) )

Do you think he'd be interested in helping them, and making some extra cash? She's not looking for a professional, she cannot afford one right now, which is why I am looking for someone to help her. I know it sounds simple, but if you have never done it, you would not have a clue. Like me yesterday, I can keep it going now that it's running, but I had NO idea how to get it going.

95redstang
05-22-2007, 05:16 PM
Do you think he'd be interested in helping them, and making some extra cash? She's not looking for a professional, she cannot afford one right now, which is why I am looking for someone to help her. I know it sounds simple, but if you have never done it, you would not have a clue. Like me yesterday, I can keep it going now that it's running, but I had NO idea how to get it going.

Somebody on here posted something about being a pool installer. They weren't a paying advertiser so I think they got the boot..

Holly
05-22-2007, 05:25 PM
They weren't a paying advertiser so I think they got the boot..

Probably.

This is just a side job, I was trying to help her out, and trying to help somebody out who wants to make a few extra bucks, on the side. ;)

95redstang
05-22-2007, 05:37 PM
Probably.

This is just a side job, I was trying to help her out, and trying to help somebody out who wants to make a few extra bucks, on the side. ;)

Ok..I've helped out on 2 but I don't have any time..

Gearhead
05-22-2007, 09:22 PM
Holly,
I think "boosted 98" on here is a Pool installer if I remember correctly....

Black Hole
05-22-2007, 10:35 PM
I'll ask him tomorrow.

MWoods26
05-22-2007, 10:46 PM
Holly,
I think "boosted 98" on here is a Pool installer if I remember correctly....

boosted 98 is my buddy his name is Doug. he has been installing pools for 6 or 7 years now. his number is 513-403-7647

Holly
05-24-2007, 05:24 PM
http://www.stangbangerz.com/forums/showthread.php?p=272323#post272323

She is selling it now, BRAND NEW, great deal. See link above.