Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
Problems with Laptop need help!! [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Problems with Laptop need help!!

ihave1sweetride
05-21-2007, 04:11 PM
So my laptop has decided it won't read certain burnt disks(cds)? Any idea why it will read old burnt music cds, but not new cds that were burnt today all of pictures. I put the new cds in the drive and my computer says that they don't exists?

Any one have any idea to fix?? or what the problem is?

I think my laptop has DVD/CD-RW on it if that helps???

Gene
05-21-2007, 04:38 PM
What kind of computer, and how old?

I know with my laptop, a 3 year old HP, I've had a few problems with drivers getting corrupted. Reinstalling the drivers has helped every time to make it work again.

ihave1sweetride
05-21-2007, 04:43 PM
Gateway its about 3 years old. I was able to take files that were html on one burnt cd and upload them, but an identical file of jpg files it can't find. I tried 2 different cds of the jpg files, i made sure they were burnt correctly on 2 other computers before i left work??

Would there be any reason my cd/dvd writer wouldn't find jpg files on a burnt cd?

mach_u
05-21-2007, 04:49 PM
Sometimes you may find that older CD drives won't read newer discs burnt at a higher speed. Try dropping your burn speed down on your work PC to 12x or so and see if that fixes the problem.

ihave1sweetride
05-21-2007, 05:20 PM
Sometimes you may find that older CD drives won't read newer discs burnt at a higher speed. Try dropping your burn speed down on your work PC to 12x or so and see if that fixes the problem.

huh? Need English please? I don't know much about burning or computers??

3 cds burnt at the same time on the same computer, same disk with different information, but only the one with my bookmarks and html files works and 2 cds of my jpg files on the other don't work?

doesn't make sense to me?

noslo50stang
05-21-2007, 05:34 PM
Have you changed teh software you used to burn the disk?

Also have you have checked on the dead Cows site (aka GATEWAY) to see if the have a bios update for your cd rom dvd burner?

or even a bios update for the laptop it's self.

First try Ajay deal when burning a cd yuo should get a choice at what speed to write teh disk at. try setting teh disk speed write to a lower setting.

if it still don't work.. I bill at 50.00 an hour but usally charge Stangbangerz 100.00 or less for services...

mach_u
05-21-2007, 05:36 PM
huh? Need English please? I don't know much about burning or computers??

3 cds burnt at the same time on the same computer, same disk with different information, but only the one with my bookmarks and html files works and 2 cds of my jpg files on the other don't work?

doesn't make sense to me?
I missed that 1 out of the 3 works. Really not sure without looking at it. Sorry. :(

PaulFiveOh
05-21-2007, 09:48 PM
Still sounds like your burning too fast.

Find out how to set the burn speed to: 16x, do that, and if the problem still persists, belive it or not, changing brand of discs will yield some results.