Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
Roush Brakes and Nitrous Install: [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Roush Brakes and Nitrous Install:

OrangeStang04
05-21-2007, 03:30 PM
So After a long night of drinking Joe Palmer (Quik Lx) and myself (mainly just Joe becasue I would have screwed something up) went to work the next day on getting the car ready for Daytona Beach! Here are some of the random pictures that were taken:

Roush Brakes
The car in the air (which is a pain in the ass to get up):
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v712/OrangeStang04/CIMG0235.jpg

Me actually working:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v712/OrangeStang04/CIMG0236.jpg

Finished Product on the front:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v712/OrangeStang04/CIMG0239.jpg

Just a badass picture:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v712/OrangeStang04/CIMG0241.jpg

Daylight Picture:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v712/OrangeStang04/CIMG0249.jpg

Nitrous Install:

Learning how not to screw up the kit:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v712/OrangeStang04/CIMG0245.jpg

Me actually doing something right:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v712/OrangeStang04/CIMG0244.jpg

Semi-Finished Product:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v712/OrangeStang04/CIMG0250.jpg

Seriously I wouldn't have been able to do any of this if it weren't for Joe pretty much telling me what to do and letting me steal a Sunday from him! Cause most of us know that I am like seriously car-stupid....

bobtsgt
05-21-2007, 03:33 PM
purdy. glad the calipers were still useable

Maximus
05-21-2007, 03:36 PM
Holy Purge from Hell BATMAN!!!:eek:

:bigthumb

OrangeStang04
05-21-2007, 03:39 PM
Holy Purge from Hell BATMAN!!!:eek:

:bigthumb

Hey! That a one-off Joe Palmer Custom purge system... and yeah its nice!!

And I'll probably see ya in a few days to have the bottle refilled :)

OrangeStang04
05-21-2007, 03:42 PM

Haha... yeah I didn't hurt them or the floor so it was all good!

Maximus
05-21-2007, 03:43 PM
Cool!!:D

Cost of Zex kit....xx
Cost of NOS for that Zex kit...xx
Purging ALL the NOS through the bad ass kit Joe made and looking cool to all your friends....priceless:lol: :lol:

5.0calypso93lx
05-21-2007, 03:53 PM

What was wrong with them?

OrangeStang04
05-21-2007, 03:57 PM
What was wrong with them?

I was a little drunk and dropped one on the ground... :(

5.0calypso93lx
05-21-2007, 04:13 PM
I was a little drunk and dropped one on the ground... :(

Niceeee, that could have been an expensive mistake. How do you like them so far? What kind of fluid did you use? Did you do the rears too?

OrangeStang04
05-21-2007, 04:16 PM
Niceeee, that could have been an expensive mistake. How do you like them so far? What kind of fluid did you use? Did you do the rears too?

They look awesome! We are having a little problem with air in one of the front calipers but other than the pedal going down a little far, they will stop ya on a dime! The kit came with replacement rotors to match the cross-drilled and slotted fronts

5.0calypso93lx
05-21-2007, 04:19 PM
They look awesome! We are having a little problem with air in one of the front calipers but other than the pedal going down a little far, they will stop ya on a dime! The kit came with replacement rotors to match the cross-drilled and slotted fronts

Did you have the rear of the car jacked up when you did them? You can try that, or if you still can get air out of the caliper, pull it off with the hose still attached and hold it upright, so the bleeder is facing the ground(even more than it already is), and tap on it with a rubber mallet.

OrangeStang04
05-21-2007, 04:27 PM
Did you have the rear of the car jacked up when you did them? You can try that, or if you still can get air out of the caliper, pull it off with the hose still attached and hold it upright, so the bleeder is facing the ground(even more than it already is), and tap on it with a rubber mallet.

Joe did the whole beating the caliper with a block of wood trick and it helped to get most of the air out... when the timing is right, the plan is to use the Power Bleeder that he uses on the Air Planes to get whatever air may be in the calipers out.

5.0calypso93lx
05-21-2007, 04:30 PM
Joe did the whole beating the caliper with a block of wood trick and it helped to get most of the air out... when the timing is right, the plan is to use the Power Bleeder that he uses on the Air Planes to get whatever air may be in the calipers out.

Might wanna paint the hats of the rotors too, I know how much you like pretty things :), and in no time, they will look like ass if they aren't painted. Make sure you paint up even on the face of the rotor, because the pads don't touch the entire face of the rotor. Thats a little mistake I made, and now I have nice pretty rust rings!!

As many times as I've done this/am going to do this I think I'm going to invest in a power bleeder myself, like the one Dave has.

PonymanfiveO
05-21-2007, 06:11 PM
wow those are pretty dude.

Now go get on I275 and spray the house down!!!:rockon:

OrangeStang04
05-21-2007, 07:37 PM
wow those are pretty dude.

Now go get on I275 and spray the house down!!!:rockon:

That will be tuesday afternoon... you up for some Joy riding'?

All I have to do is figure out how to wire the MSD Digital Window switch into the system and she will be ready to go... everything I have found has made little to no sense!!

quik lx
05-21-2007, 10:27 PM
#1. I have enough Capt Morgan to last me a couple months

#2. That purge looks bad ass with the hood shut!

#3. Only weirdo's have carpeted garages:D

#4. Yes your car is a biyatch to get elevated.

#5. I also used my whole first bottle of spray purging the system!!! Craig loves us!!!!!!

Glad you like it.... looks awesome!

Maximus
05-21-2007, 11:14 PM
:postpix:

Black92LX
05-22-2007, 05:56 AM
Looks good!
Though it looks as if those are the same PBR calipers used on the Cobras. Seems all you gain in this kit are drilled/slotted rotors and a caliper that says Roush.
Or is there something different to the kit that I am not seeing?

quik lx
05-22-2007, 07:35 AM
yep, for all your money you get a set of rotors, an engraved caliper, and a set of braided lines...although everything is much bigger than stock!

5.0calypso93lx
05-22-2007, 09:15 AM
Looks good!
Though it looks as if those are the same PBR calipers used on the Cobras. Seems all you gain in this kit are drilled/slotted rotors and a caliper that says Roush.
Or is there something different to the kit that I am not seeing?

Yep, same exact calipers, although the calipers he has now, actually have smaller pistons in them compared to the stock v6/gt pbr calipers. Even the calipers in the Baer kit, are just cobra calipers with their name on them.

OrangeStang04
05-22-2007, 02:45 PM
But they do have Roush engraved in them... and well I am a "Roush-Whore" (or atleast that is what I have been told)

Mr.Moontang
05-22-2007, 06:12 PM
They don't bounce though....

Black92LX
05-23-2007, 12:04 AM
yep, for all your money you get a set of rotors, an engraved caliper, and a set of braided lines...although everything is much bigger than stock!

May I ask why not just go with the Cobra Kit upgrade the rotors your self and have the claipers powdercoated. Any reason to spend all the extra jack just forthem to say Roush? To each his own the setup looks great I am just curious.

jaystang44
05-23-2007, 12:32 AM
orangestang04 I love your car I was at the spring crusin at QS&L and your car was my favor out of all them. I love the new cobra hood and the rotors "very nice" dont care for nitros though...just a waste of money to me I dont know just my oppion.. still my favor car though want to trade me for my 02 stock GT just kinding in less you really do lol

Nice car man:)

mach_u
05-23-2007, 07:46 AM
May I ask why not just go with the Cobra Kit upgrade the rotors your self and have the claipers powdercoated. Any reason to spend all the extra jack just forthem to say Roush? To each his own the setup looks great I am just curious.
Maybe he likes Roush? :bigthumb They look kick ass dude! Glad the drop test didn't do any damage!

quik lx
05-23-2007, 07:47 AM

Because your name is Nick, you have way to much cash, no kids and no house.:cool1:

OrangeStang04
05-23-2007, 03:08 PM
Because your name is Nick, you have way to much cash, no kids and no house.:cool1:

This is true!! Well for the most part....

The real reason is that when I first started out in the Mustang world I was looking to get a 2004 Roush Stage 2 in Competition Orange... but they didn't make too many of these (like 20 or something like that) and the price of the car was WAY too high for a college student. So I settled from a 2004 GT (in Orange) and figured if I can't have one of them I would just slowy and gradually build one hell of a car... with the styling of the 99-04 Roush cars as a model. Over time I just went full on into building a "Clone" with my own special flares to it... and that is why I tend to buy things from Roush Performance

OrangeStang04
05-23-2007, 03:11 PM
orangestang04 I love your car I was at the spring crusin at QS&L and your car was my favor out of all them. I love the new cobra hood and the rotors "very nice" dont care for nitros though...just a waste of money to me I dont know just my oppion.. still my favor car though want to trade me for my 02 stock GT just kinding in less you really do lol

Nice car man:)

Thanks Bud.... the Nitrous was just a spurr the moment thing...

I needed something to increase the power output of the car at a minimal cost (until I start having to go to Cincy Speed twice a week to fill the bottle). There are other plans for the car later in its life (T-56 Transmission, Built longblock, KB 2.4) but for right now the kick in the pants feel of nitrous will work out...

5.0calypso93lx
05-23-2007, 03:29 PM
Thanks Bud.... the Nitrous was just a spurr the moment thing...

I needed something to increase the power output of the car at a minimal cost (until I start having to go to Cincy Speed twice a week to fill the bottle). There are other plans for the car later in its life (T-56 Transmission, Built longblock, KB 2.4) but for right now the kick in the pants feel of nitrous will work out...

Let me know when you go T56, maybe we can do a group buy :cool1: :D It's only $2899 lol.

Evil_Capri
05-23-2007, 03:36 PM
Dig it!! Damn nice! :bigthumb

OrangeStang04
05-23-2007, 03:41 PM
Let me know when you go T56, maybe we can do a group buy :cool1: :D It's only $2899 lol.

Haha... I will let you know, it will probably be a winter project or something like that. I have been calling a few places out west and I have got a few leads on some cheaper prices...

mach_u
05-23-2007, 05:41 PM
+1! :D

Blacksunshine
05-24-2007, 11:43 AM
SWeet.. Very Zexy indeed. Now go to the track and beat that Biotch !!!