PDA

View Full Version : 56 more hours and 10 mins till Marriage!

PKFIRE
05-10-2007, 08:48 AM
After 7+ years with my girl I'm finally doing it. I even made the priest say "It's about time". So this Saturday I'll be joining the ranks of the married and I'm more than satified with the fact that all the guys horror stories at work didn't scare me off. I knew I found the right one.

This Saturday is the day and then off to Rivera Maya. I'm pretty excited. So wish me luck.

02mingryGT
05-10-2007, 08:50 AM
Luck is hereby wished :D

Congrats

Mr.Moontang
05-10-2007, 08:53 AM
RUN!!! I'm just kidding good luck!!!

Holly
05-10-2007, 09:07 AM
Congratulations! Last year at this time, I was counting down the hours/days until we got married. We ran off to Vegas though, and avoided all the hassle of a wedding. Nobody was there except Paul and Teresa, it was PERFECT, in my mind. ;)

I'm sure you guys will be very happy! If you have been together for 7 years, you pretty much know each other inside and out. You are doing this the RIGHT way!

bobtsgt
05-10-2007, 09:08 AM
nice. make sure you have lefty and righty on a silver plate for her when you say I do. j/k congrats!!!

Kevin Doe
05-10-2007, 09:10 AM
Congrats Joe.

I too an about to get married. You might remember Jami from school, when we started dating (I've got you beat in the "about time catagory" its been 9 years).

I'm 216 hours away (9 days). Pretty excited.

Pops Fun
05-10-2007, 09:12 AM
Congrats... Best wishes

ihave1sweetride
05-10-2007, 09:16 AM
Congrats!!

PKFIRE
05-10-2007, 09:22 AM
Congrats Joe.

I too an about to get married. You might remember Jami from school, when we started dating (I've got you beat in the "about time catagory" its been 9 years).

I'm 216 hours away (9 days). Pretty excited.

No way! Hey Congrats! Still funny we never talked back then. Laura my fiance went to some dances with me back at Northwest but you probably never met her since she's from another school.

Where are you guys going on your Honey Moon?

Black Horse
05-10-2007, 09:24 AM
Congrats - I havd 3 good friends tell me that marrriage was the best thing that ever happened to them, of course between the 3 of them they had been married 11 times.

Good luck! Enjoy your life together!

Kevin Doe
05-10-2007, 09:26 AM
Maui. I might just be more excited about going there with her than the wedding. Hahahahaha. What about yourself?

When I get my car done we need to ahve a Medallion Drive photoshoot with our cars. Let everyone know Medallion Dr. doesn't mess around. :lol:

PKFIRE
05-10-2007, 09:28 AM
Congratulations! Last year at this time, I was counting down the hours/days until we got married. We ran off to Vegas though, and avoided all the hassle of a wedding. Nobody was there except Paul and Teresa, it was PERFECT, in my mind. ;)

I'm sure you guys will be very happy! If you have been together for 7 years, you pretty much know each other inside and out. You are doing this the RIGHT way!

Yeah the stress of trying to get everyone together is phenomenal and that would of been a pretty fun route to go to Vegas! I think as long as I would of known that I was going to be with her I didn't care how we did it. Thanks for the kind words btw! I wish I could of met Vinny. It sounds like he was lucky to have someone like you in his life.

RACEME
05-10-2007, 09:29 AM
Just a little advise...When you are up there saying the vows and stuff, make sure you grab the correct ring to put on her finger! I was not thinking and picked up my own ring. It didn't take long for her to correct me..

cstreu1026
05-10-2007, 09:34 AM
Congrats! I didn't realize there were so many people on here getting married.

PKFIRE
05-10-2007, 09:37 AM
Maui. I might just be more excited about going there with her than the wedding. Hahahahaha. What about yourself?

When I get my car done we need to ahve a Medallion Drive photoshoot with our cars. Let everyone know Medallion Dr. doesn't mess around. :lol:

We going to Adventura Spa Palace in Rivera Maya which is 70 miles south of Cancun. The cool part about it is it is connected to about 6 or 7 other other resorts in Cancun and some other places that we can get shuttled to. It's all inclusive so I won't be bringing too much money with me.

Maui- sweet! We considered that especially since the passport changes this year in Mexico. So Laura and I had to go apply for one but yes we do have them now!

Yeah the pic would sound good. I brag about your car at work and they have a respect for it as I do. Heck there's couple Mazda fans here at the Medal.

PKFIRE
05-10-2007, 09:43 AM
Just a little advise...When you are up there saying the vows and stuff, make sure you grab the correct ring to put on her finger! I was not thinking and picked up my own ring. It didn't take long for her to correct me..

This is a funny story(short version)- My buddy went to propose to his GF about 2 years ago and decided to size the engagement ring to his finger size since he assumed that their fingers were the same size. When he went to put it on her finger it was more like putting on a bracelet,lol.

I'll make note of what you say!

Black Hole
05-10-2007, 10:32 AM
No way! Hey Congrats! Still funny we never talked back then. Laura my fiance went to some dances with me back at Northwest but you probably never met her since she's from another school.
Were you class of '99? My wife (Emily Fischer back then) graduated from Northwest in '99.

We're going on 8 months of marriage.:bigthumb

Congrats to you and Kevin!!!! :cheers:

Kevin Doe
05-10-2007, 10:40 AM
Thanks. Joe and I both graduated from Northwest in '00. Emily Fisher doesn't ring a bell though.

PKFIRE
05-10-2007, 10:42 AM
Were you class of '99? My wife (Emily Fischer back then) graduated from Northwest in '99.

We're going on 8 month of marriage.:bigthumb

Congrats to you and Kevin!!!! :cheers:

Class of 2000

Thanks for the congrats!

I'll add that I transfered from Colerain to NWHS from 10th to 11th grade to join their electronics program. Most of the people who grew up with let say Kevin were all new to me. I may of seen her but I never talked to her. Small world around here isn't it!

RACEME
05-10-2007, 10:50 AM
This is a funny story(short version)- My buddy went to propose to his GF about 2 years ago and decided to size the engagement ring to his finger size since he assumed that their fingers were the same size. When he went to put it on her finger it was more like putting on a bracelet,lol.

I'll make note of what you say!

It is all part of making the memory that will be a great one. BOTTOM LINE, don't get all worked up with the details on that day. They will work themselves out. Just make sure that YOU enjoy yourself.

PKFIRE
05-10-2007, 11:14 AM
It is all part of making the memory that will be a great one. BOTTOM LINE, don't get all worked up with the details on that day. They will work themselves out. Just make sure that YOU enjoy yourself.

You're alright man, that's sound advice. Now I'll have to convince my fiance.

RACEME
05-10-2007, 11:46 AM
When she starts getting worked up about schedules, decorations...ect. Just tell her that the only thing people are going to remember is the hot chick in the white dress....to hell with the rest.

mustang8998
05-10-2007, 12:20 PM
Congrats Joe! :cheers:

Here's to many years of happiness! ;)

DeckerEnt
05-10-2007, 03:17 PM
Congrats. Make good memories!!
Keith

MrsAPE
05-11-2007, 08:16 AM
Congrats to you both! And best wishes! Being married in my opinion is at times the hardest yet most incredible thing in the world. I love my Aperacer!! Will be 14 years this august. Honeymoons sound great!! Just make sure you guys post up some pictures later too!!

Oh and small world...our kids go to northwest. Oldest is almost a jr at NWHS. They are going uniforms next year at just the high school. She ain't to happy about that. :)

Congrats and Best Wishes!
Kim

PKFIRE
05-12-2007, 01:05 PM
Thanks for all the replies and support!

I guess it's about that time for me to go. I'll let you guys know how it goes.

PKFIRE
05-31-2007, 09:27 AM
Ok- I'm back - The Wedding went Perfect. Well, minus a limp candle light stick for the unity candles. Though it was pretty funny. If you look closely in the slide show you'll see it. Mexico(Maya Rivera) was awesome. I've never been treated so well.

http://jeffsphotography.com/clients.htm

Look under Joe and Laura May 12th

Black Hole
05-31-2007, 09:40 AM
Ok- I'm back - The Wedding went Perfect. Well, minus a limp candle light stick for the unity candles. Though it was pretty funny. If you look closely in the slide show you'll see it. Mexico(Maya Rivera) was awesome. I've never been treated so well.

http://jeffsphotography.com/clients.htm

Look under Joe and Laura May 12th
Congrats!!!!

MrsAPE
06-01-2007, 08:07 AM
Congrats!! Beautiful pictures!! Thanks for sharing!! Even the limp unity lighter!! At our wedding, the pastor totally forgot about us doing it. We did it after the ceremony. :) The moms lite theirs but he forgot us doing it.

PKFIRE
06-01-2007, 08:58 AM
Congrats!! Beautiful pictures!! Thanks for sharing!! Even the limp unity lighter!! At our wedding, the pastor totally forgot about us doing it. We did it after the ceremony. :) The moms lite theirs but he forgot us doing it.

Yeah the limp unity lighter was so funny. I can't believe your pastor forgot to have you light it. My pastor compared marriage to his shoes he keeps shined,lol. My wife’s mom talked to him to tell him he had nice shoes a couple of days after the wedding. He told her that his shoes had a scuff in them that day,lol.

Yeah I recommend Jeff our photographer to anyone. He was always there to get good shots. Plus his new digital camera plus his mad skill make him dangerous!

Thanks for the congrats everyone!

MrsAPE
06-01-2007, 09:16 AM
I can't believe your pastor forgot to have you light it.
We did it after the ceremony. AND, this August it will be 14 years we've been married. Guess it worked out ok. :D

aperacer
06-01-2007, 11:55 AM
this August it will be 14 years we've been married. Guess it worked out ok. :D

that may-be your take on it.......:D

MrsAPE
06-01-2007, 02:01 PM
that may-be your take on it.......:D

AND your take rather you like it or not. cuz the wifey said so!! :cool1:

Foxxx5oh
06-01-2007, 05:52 PM
those are some GREAT pics, and i laughed out loud at the "limp" candle...lol...congrats, and best of luck in the future!