Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
car trade/loan options [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : car trade/loan options

bobtsgt
05-09-2007, 10:13 AM
got a trade in question for everyone. according to KBB my X is worth about 14.5K. I owe roughly 20K on the loan I got. Its a backwards loan that I did. If I was to buy a 8K car would the loan be paid and a new loan started or would I get the 14K for the truck and have 6K added ontop of the new payment. Or would I have to get a personal loan for the remaining 6K and use that toward the trade in to get the backwards loan taken care of. Just trying to figure out how to get a lower payment so we can do more things. I'm not very money smart when it comes to this so that is why I ask. Thanks.

Bob

BUHBYY
05-09-2007, 10:22 AM
if you bought a 8 thousand dollar car you would be hard pressed to bury that 6 grand in negative equity ?? if they gave you 14-15 for the X you would just add the remainder to the new car !! personal loans are not worth the intrest you pay to get them ... if it was me personally I would pay extra on the loan to eat up prinipal and hold out for six months to a year , I had the same thing with my Durango a little over a year ago and now that I have done that I am looking at breaking even ??

Black Hole
05-09-2007, 10:28 AM
if you bought a 8 thousand dollar car you would be hard pressed to bury that 6 grand in negative equity ?? if they gave you 14-15 for the X you would just add the remainder to the new car !! personal loans are not worth the intrest you pay to get them ... if it was me personally I would pay extra on the loan to eat up prinipal and hold out for six months to a year , I had the same thing with my Durango a little over a year ago and now that I have done that I am looking at breaking even ??
+1

What he said.

ihave1sweetride
05-09-2007, 10:30 AM
NOT A GOOD IDEA!!

BUHBYY
05-09-2007, 10:32 AM
I was only basing the idea off of getting a new car ?? if it is to save cash or just get rid of it then I have different Ideas ?? I was a Sales / Finance Mgr in the business for 5 plus years !!!

bobtsgt
05-09-2007, 10:38 AM
Ive been paying extra on the loan for the past year but over a 1/4 of it gets eatin up in interest. Like my bill was for $350ish so I pay $450 every month. When the next statement comes in it says about $133 of it goes toward the interest. I was thinking along the lines of getting something different plus lowering my payments and do a little better on insurance. Unless I can find 5g's on the side of the road :D

ihave1sweetride
05-09-2007, 10:48 AM
Ive been paying extra on the loan for the past year but over a 1/4 of it gets eatin up in interest. Like my bill was for $350ish so I pay $450 every month. When the next statement comes in it says about $133 of it goes toward the interest. I was thinking along the lines of getting something different plus lowering my payments and do a little better on insurance. Unless I can find 5g's on the side of the road :D

It's only going to make things worse at this point because you are so far upside down on your car. You've only had it for a year.... you don't need a new one, plus you don't even drive it!

bobtsgt
05-09-2007, 11:00 AM
I'm trying to learn what I can. Like I told you I was thinking not taking action. Sorry for trying to collect as much knowledge as I can.