Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
reacuring nightmare!!!!! [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : reacuring nightmare!!!!!

91lxnos
05-08-2007, 08:11 AM
Well out with the tranny again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Damn I love race/street cars....Mark we will get at least one trans to work this year:lol: :lol: You should get some stock in Dextron/Mercon. I have to go to a meeting with Desirae tonight but should be over after to get the tranny out. Lets make this the last time, what ya think????????????????????See ya later OLD MAN!!!!!

Mista Bone
05-08-2007, 12:48 PM
How hard is it to drop a RWD tranny nowadays?

Old 'stang I help on was a cake walk, took like 30 minutes.

My first Honda tranny swap took 8-9 hours, now I can do it in 2.5, all without a lift.

SMOKE
05-08-2007, 02:23 PM

My first Honda tranny swap took 8-9 hours, now I can do it in 2.5, all without a lift.

Do you lay in bed at night and think to yourself.... "Maybe I really am a bad mother f'er"?!?! :lol:

RACEME
05-08-2007, 02:26 PM
:cool1: <---bad mofo....:lol:

91lxnos
05-08-2007, 02:40 PM

I don't believe you I think you should come show us how to do it while Mark and I drink a beer and watch:lol: :lol:

93hulk
05-08-2007, 02:50 PM

Its not that its hard its the fact that weve had to do this 10 fu%*ing times in the the past 6 months.:mad:

Black Horse
05-08-2007, 03:16 PM
Getting it out is the easy part!

NA/NOTCH
05-08-2007, 03:52 PM
Getting it out is the easy part!

YEAH ITS PUTTING IT BACK IN!

ibstrokin
05-08-2007, 06:10 PM
You put the right tranny in, you take the bad tranny out, you put a different tranny in, you take broke tranny out, you put the fixed tranny in, you take the now recently broke tranny out..........

glassman
05-08-2007, 06:22 PM
You put the right tranny in, you take the bad tranny out, you put a different tranny in, you take broke tranny out, you put the fixed tranny in, you take the now recently broke tranny out..........

Forgot to "shake it all about"

ibstrokin
05-08-2007, 07:05 PM
Mark tried that once, he ended up beating the hell out of his car with his forehead!

Mista Bone
05-08-2007, 10:21 PM
Do you lay in bed at night and think to yourself.... "Maybe I really am a bad mother f'er"?!?! :lol:

No, I've been quite humble....but the results of my work is starting to show.

SCCA ITA Race @ ORP this past Sunday, Tranny's I've built took 1st/2nd/3rd on Saturday, and 1st/3rd (photo finish between 2nd and 3rd). The third car crash out, all the info I have so far.

In SCCA Solo, a tranny I went thru won STS2 overall in Ohio Vally Region, this year I have two tranys in the class. Another tranny I built, place 3rd at SCCA Solo Nats two years in a row, won a National Event in Toledo.

Right now my exp. is limited to two styles of Honda 5 speed trannys.

I've been wanting to learn the insides of the T5's and their upgraded counterparts. Guess I'll have to go see the folks on Pelham Road in Taylor, MI. They seem to think I'm quite knowledgeable, requested my input on "handcuffs".......

Old 4 speeds......
Drop drive shaft and crossmember
Remove shifter
Remove clutch linkage
Unhook speedo cable
Drop transmission

Maybe I am "badass" as you've stated......but when you get a big ego about it, someone will come along and take you down a notch or two. I prefer being the person taking the notches out of others.

91lxnos
05-09-2007, 09:40 AM
No, I've been quite humble....but the results of my work is starting to show.

SCCA ITA Race @ ORP this past Sunday, Tranny's I've built took 1st/2nd/3rd on Saturday, and 1st/3rd (photo finish between 2nd and 3rd). The third car crash out, all the info I have so far.

In SCCA Solo, a tranny I went thru won STS2 overall in Ohio Vally Region, this year I have two tranys in the class. Another tranny I built, place 3rd at SCCA Solo Nats two years in a row, won a National Event in Toledo.

Right now my exp. is limited to two styles of Honda 5 speed trannys.

I've been wanting to learn the insides of the T5's and their upgraded counterparts. Guess I'll have to go see the folks on Pelham Road in Taylor, MI. They seem to think I'm quite knowledgeable, requested my input on "handcuffs".......

Old 4 speeds......
Drop drive shaft and crossmember
Remove shifter
Remove clutch linkage
Unhook speedo cable
Drop transmission

Maybe I am "badass" as you've stated......but when you get a big ego about it, someone will come along and take you down a notch or two. I prefer being the person taking the notches out of others.

OK........Let me give you a cookie!!!!! Nobody said we could not do the tranny swap WE CAN and WILL and without the koodos of some import racers road race cars. I think it's great you can do tranny's if for some reason I ever fall and hit my head and get a Honda i mite call you when I blow up the tranny. This didn't start as an "I need help waaaaaa!! I can't swap my transmission" Thread. It was a " I am getting FU#&#37;ING tired of some tranny rebuilders FU#@IN up the process of rebuilding a tranny ie;loose or broken wires on break,silonoids not properly installed.converters out of wack ect.... all to have my friends who arn't millionairs spend alot of money for no avail. Or it could be that my buddies car makes so much power that the trannys cant live behind the combo but you would'nt know that with Hondas and all just my .02:flipoff:

Mista Bone
05-09-2007, 01:37 PM
Well, first you never stated it was a slushbox.......those are a little heavier :(

I'm just trying to learn more about tranny from different cars.

About the HP thing......customers 475 whp from 1.6L 4 cylinder unsleeved, my tranny is holding, isn't that about the point stock 5.0's like to split in 1/2 down the crank/cam bores? :flipoff:

Money, if I had it, I wouldn't be selling my Trans Am to which I can't afford to drive :HYF:

ibstrokin
05-09-2007, 05:54 PM
:popcorn:

91lxnos
05-16-2007, 10:43 AM
WOW!!!!!!!!!!!! The tranny is in and all looks well it's about FU#$IN time:bigthumb :bigthumb

90BLACKlx
05-17-2007, 08:06 AM
hey man i feel for ya. sorry havent been gettin ahold of ya just been workin on the black beauty. its just about done. comin down to the 100 dollar stages. you know what i mean gaskets 100 bucks. forgot this 100 bucks. well man talk to ya later.

RACEME
05-17-2007, 08:37 AM
Well, first you never stated it was a slushbox.......those are a little heavier :(

I'm just trying to learn more about tranny from different cars.

About the HP thing......customers 475 whp from 1.6L 4 cylinder unsleeved, my tranny is holding, isn't that about the point stock 5.0's like to split in 1/2 down the crank/cam bores? :flipoff:

Money, if I had it, I wouldn't be selling my Trans Am to which I can't afford to drive :HYF:

5.0's tend to have what, 10x the torque of that pencil sharpener motor.......

91lxnos
05-17-2007, 10:57 AM

:lol: :lol: I have to second that!!!!!!:lol: :lol:

Mista Bone
05-17-2007, 01:51 PM

1100 ft/lbs of tq, I doubt it.

BigBadStang
05-17-2007, 02:07 PM

that cant be true... 10 x 0 = 0

:lol:

RACEME
05-17-2007, 02:43 PM
1100 ft/lbs of tq, I doubt it.

LOL....110 ft/lbs of torque would be lucky to break a head bolt loose let alone split the block.......:rolleyes:

BigBadStang
05-17-2007, 03:45 PM
Ford factory lug nuts torque at 105 ft.lbs don't they?
:rofl:

Mista Bone
05-17-2007, 03:46 PM
they need that much on the lugnuts to keep them from falling off, along with the other parts :)

RACEME
05-18-2007, 05:48 AM
Ford factory lug nuts torque at 105 ft.lbs don't they?
:rofl:

And so do the factory oil filters! They must put those things on with a impact!

Mista Bone
05-18-2007, 03:04 PM
yep, Ford doesn't want random parts falling off once the vehicles get off the assembly line.

I've heard horror stories from assembly line workers........funny but knowing those cars were sold to the public.......yikes!