Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
Losing Motivation! [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Losing Motivation!

93cobra
05-07-2007, 03:20 PM
This dosen't belong in the "rants" because i'm not pissed off....just becoming burnt out. The kicker is...i haven't even started. Took me 20 years of motocross racing to become burnt out on that which is normal...but a little over a year & making 2 dozen half ass passes at the track shouldn't have me feeling this way!?? Here it is May, beautiful sunshine outside as I'm in our motorhome driving home from a business trip in NY, & I have honestly no idea when my cobra will make it to the track. All winter long...."UMTR, UMTR, UMTR!!!!!"...I cant wait...etc.. "Lets see, motor to BES, Car to Rigid, G5R from G Force, parts from Cincy....& the list goes on. Don't get me wrong I am very appreciative of everyones help & generous pricing but the wait is killing me. This industry sometimes tells me I'm in the wrong business. BES...Yeah Johnny, motor will be done in 4-5 weeks....3 months later, I pick it up. G Force...Yeah just give me your credit card # and the tranny will arrive in 4 weeks.....2 1/2 months later it arrives. I am sitting here wondering....why don't I make a call to 1 of 3 motorcycle dealerships I have local relationships with, tell them I'm on my way to pick up 2 bikes, take them home, send the motors & suspension out, have it back in a week and be racing for cash by the weekend after this coming. I don't know, sorry to whine to everyone....just wondering if anyone else is in my shoes on a late 07'

Ryan218
05-07-2007, 03:44 PM
im just getting started....

Katmandu
05-07-2007, 03:51 PM
Sound like maybe some vendors NEED some MOTIVATION. :eek:

Maximus
05-07-2007, 03:54 PM
Im in the same boat.:(
But Ive been doing this for over 14 years, so I guess I expect it and dont let it get to me. The first time you side step the clutch and pull the wheels past the 60' mark, it will all be good. All ill feelings will be replaced with a Euphoric sense tinglin the very tips of your toes and your nether region.:bigthumb
:lol:

95redstang
05-07-2007, 03:58 PM
This dosen't belong in the "rants" because i'm not pissed off....just becoming burnt out. The kicker is...i haven't even started. Took me 20 years of motocross racing to become burnt out on that which is normal...but a little over a year & making 2 dozen half ass passes at the track shouldn't have me feeling this way!?? Here it is May, beautiful sunshine outside as I'm in our motorhome driving home from a business trip in NY, & I have honestly no idea when my cobra will make it to the track. All winter long...."UMTR, UMTR, UMTR!!!!!"...I cant wait...etc.. "Lets see, motor to BES, Car to Rigid, G5R from G Force, parts from Cincy....& the list goes on. Don't get me wrong I am very appreciative of everyones help & generous pricing but the wait is killing me. This industry sometimes tells me I'm in the wrong business. BES...Yeah Johnny, motor will be done in 4-5 weeks....3 months later, I pick it up. G Force...Yeah just give me your credit card # and the tranny will arrive in 4 weeks.....2 1/2 months later it arrives. I am sitting here wondering....why don't I make a call to 1 of 3 motorcycle dealerships I have local relationships with, tell them I'm on my way to pick up 2 bikes, take them home, send the motors & suspension out, have it back in a week and be racing for cash by the weekend after this coming. I don't know, sorry to whine to everyone....just wondering if anyone else is in my shoes on a late 07'

Dude I am in your shoes..I was promised that my motor would be done by the end of January. It finally finished at the end of April. Not to mention $1,000 more than quoted. A couple hundred of that was my fault but good lord this shit is driving me nuts. I had him throw a girdle on it. Now I realize how stupid that was. Then he said he needed a new oil pan because the stock one wouldn't work with the girdle. So instead of calling me before buying a new pick up tube and oil pan, he went and ordered a brand new $300 Canton..Plus I don't have much time to piss let alone help Ricky out on my car. Between my wifes bullshit job, my school and work, my oldest daughter Tball , and cheerleading I have no time for shit...Maybe I should have started my own rant.

kennebellcobra
05-07-2007, 04:17 PM
I know exactly what your going through. When I did mine I had so many issues I thought I was going to go crazy but in the end it worked out better than I ever imaged it would... so I always try and think the more headaches and stress I go through the better the end results will be. Just keep that in the back of your head when your close to giving up just keep imagining that finished car going down the track for the first time:D

NA/NOTCH
05-07-2007, 04:24 PM
IT HAPPENS!

orangedemon331
05-07-2007, 04:27 PM
Dont sweat it brother, I am in your shoes also!! But mine is my own fault, no one is hlding me back but myself!! I just sit back and think of the days that will come when its finished!!! Then I'm gonna drive the wheels off of it!!!!:eek:

5.0calypso93lx
05-07-2007, 04:50 PM
Man, this happened to me MANY times, throughout the time I was building my car, but there is absolutely NOTHING like driving it for that first time!

PonymanfiveO
05-07-2007, 08:31 PM
I feel your pain bro, hang in there.

I get frustrated too, and Im a very inpatient person.

But I am trying my best to take my time and enjoy this build. Its actually half the fun putting it together EXACTLY the way you dream. Thats part of the reason Im taking so many pics and being very detailed in my project progress thread. I want to look back in a year or two and think, man that was fun.

Four years ago I was the same as you are now. I threw my car together in a fury so I could get out and make the field in NMRA Real Street. Thats all I wanted, was to be out running with those guys. I thought about it every moment of the day and dreamed about it at night. Building the car wasnt any fun because it was always a deadline to have a project finished before the next race. Hell, we changed the entire ignition system under a street light on a corner one friday night in Juliet Ill before a race.

This time things are different. If my car isnt done till next May I'll still be happy. Because It will be done how I want and I'll enjoy the entire build.

So try not to get into too much of a hurry and enjoy when you do get to work on it. Remember this is a hobby....not a job.;)

Jeff88coupe
05-07-2007, 08:45 PM
Yep...I get this way about my car every other month it seems. I'm about 90-95&#37; done with my car...but yet what I still have left to do seems overwelming at times. Hang in there...it will be more than worth it when you get it done. At least that's what I try to keep telling myself. The first 9 second pass my car makes will make it more than worth it.

mustangboy
05-07-2007, 08:54 PM
I'll have to agree with Matt 100%. I'm trying to enjoy my build and not get impatient and give up on it like I've done in the past. At least you still have a street car or two you can enjoy. Take your time and get it done right.

PonymanfiveO
05-07-2007, 09:14 PM
I'll have to agree with Matt 100%. I'm trying to enjoy my build and not get impatient and give up on it like I've done in the past. At least you still have a street car or two you can enjoy. Take your time and get it done right.

Since you know Im not in a hurry....

I'll call ya about that jug of evercoat one of these days. lol

Tell your bro to grab what ever he can for me too! Im new at this stuff so Im sure I'll be wasting and sanding off a lot of it! lol

BigBadStang
05-07-2007, 09:14 PM
i dont want to turn your thread into "sobbing about MY car", but i have been working on and off on my 84 GT for quite some time. the last time it was licensed was 1997 :eek:...and to me that f'ing sux! i have the 6 banger 95 DD, but it's a slug. i have quite a few parts for it rounded up now, but i really dont have any time or means to work on it. it's been in storage for the last 14 months. the last thing i did to it was re building the 8.8" rearend with 3.73's.
so i dont feel the same pain that you have, but i know where you are coming from.

MRGRIMM
05-07-2007, 11:32 PM
...yea man my car is across town in my moms garage and not home with me everynight to work on it...thats my main piss factor...then that leads to me wanting a house with a garage...hmmm sounds nice well then there goes all my money for house stuff instead of the car...I'm still young and I know it takes time, passion, but most importantly money so just keep on working 93 cobra and let them 1/4 mile dreams put you to sleep every night til shes done!

mustangboy
05-07-2007, 11:37 PM
I'll call ya about that jug of evercoat one of these days. lol

Yeah I still have it still sitting here. I'll try to have him get more stuff soon.

Katmandu
05-08-2007, 12:47 AM
Dude I am in your shoes..I was promised that my motor would be done by the end of January. It finally finished at the end of April. Not to mention $1,000 more than quoted. A couple hundred of that was my fault but good lord this shit is driving me nuts. I had him throw a girdle on it. Now I realize how stupid that was. Then he said he needed a new oil pan because the stock one wouldn't work with the girdle. So instead of calling me before buying a new pick up tube and oil pan, he went and ordered a brand new $300 Canton...

Is there any mechanism in place to RATE Vendors to prevent other Stangbangerz from getting screwed ???

dedpedal
05-08-2007, 07:17 AM
The trials and tribulations of building a car can get you down. Im at a point that I dont worry about it. It will get done when it gets done. No worrys, no frustration. Besides, I have other things in life to enjoy these days.

Maximus
05-08-2007, 09:18 AM
Is there any mechanism in place to RATE Vendors to prevent other Stangbangerz from getting screwed ???

Theres a "feedback" area in the classified section.

95redstang
05-08-2007, 11:21 AM

He can build a motor but damn he is slow..Just look at Ricks' (331twistedwedge) car. He shit is quick and strong as hell. There is nothing major to it. He puts all the dirt cars in front of everybody. I know next engine I will take Timido's advice and head over to Indiana to have my next one built...

93cobra
05-08-2007, 12:00 PM
The trials and tribulations of building a car can get you down. Im at a point that I dont worry about it. It will get done when it gets done. No worrys, no frustration. Besides, I have other things in life to enjoy these days.

You are exactly right! It will get done when it gets done....even if thats not till the weekend before snow flies this year. I've learned thats the way it is with this stuff. I guess I was spoiled over the years with having new race bikes built & ready for indoor or outdoor 3 or 4 times a year. By the way I do recommend & appreciate everyones positive attitude & support at BES, Cincy Speed, & Rigid Race Cars. Like others said, the first 9 second pass will be worth the wait.

Katmandu
05-08-2007, 07:39 PM
He can build a motor but damn he is slow.....

Good customer service is ALOT more than just the finished product.