PDA

View Full Version : Just thought this was amusing...

Holly
04-30-2007, 02:48 PM
We were out in the yard yesterday waiting for Jason to come and pick up Twisted Twins, and this kid (I mean he had to be 16 or younger) stops by on his BICYCLE. He said "whose mustang?" - pointing to the coupe, which was parked across the street at the neighbors house. I said mine! He said "how much do you want for it?" :lol:

I guess he's saving his allowance for a mustang.

He looked like he was about 12. I thought it was funny. I told him "it's not for sale, and it won't be for sale!"

I wish I had a dollar for everytime somebody has asked me if I wanted to sell that thing. I guess that is why Vinny told me to "shut my mouth" when I would tell him we needed to sell it and get him something more reliable and better on gas. :lol: He was teasing me of course, but there was no way in hell he was getting rid of it. I'm glad he didn't let me, I like driving it, it's a fun car, it's slow, but it's fun to race!

Thanks for hooking me up with that car Craig - 4 years ago! Over 300k miles on it now. :eek:

Gene
04-30-2007, 02:54 PM
It's a (relatively) clean black notch. I'm not surprised that you have people falling over themselves trying to buy it. It's pretty much the Holy Grail of Fox bodies. :)

Maximus
04-30-2007, 03:01 PM
Thanks for hooking me up with that car Craig - 4 years ago! Over 300k miles on it now. :eek:

That Mustang was the one I owned the fewest number of days.

"Where did ya get that at Guy?"
"I just got it, Ya wanna buy it?"
"Ill let ya know.":D

:lol: :bigthumb

Holly
04-30-2007, 03:09 PM
That Mustang was the one I owned the fewest number of days.

"Where did ya get that at Guy?"
"I just got it, Ya wanna buy it?"
"Ill let ya know.":D

:lol: :bigthumb

Phone rings... "I found you a mustang". Hmmm... didn't know I was looking for one honey, but okay. I called my credit union, and it was parked in our driveway within the next week. Best thing I ever invested in, it made Vinny very happy for quite a few years.

Holly
06-12-2007, 09:58 AM
I was snoozing on my raft Saturday (topless - face down, but my neighbors were gone) and this dude walks in the backyard and yells "hey mam". I said hold on a minute (I had to get situated ;) ).

Anyway, he said "is that your mustang in the driveway" My reply, yes.

Is it for sale? My reply, do you see a for sale sign in it?

He said he drives around (lives in Maysville, Kentucky) and looks for mustangs, if they have been sitting for more than a month, he stops and asks about them, he said he has bought over 25 mustangs that way. The coupe was looking pretty lonely, all dirty, hasn't moved in a month. I broke down and gave it a bath that evening.

He kind of freaked me out though, he trampled one of my hostas in the front flower bed looking in my window! I know it was him, because I was out there that morning watering them, and they were fine. If you look in that window, you can see out back by the pool, I usually keep those blinds closed, but I was expecting my niece to stop over so I was watching for her.

I could sell the coupe today, I have had so many people ask me about it. I already promised a good friend I would sell it to him though, IF I do. I'm hoping to not have to do that, I like driving that thing every now and then. Plus, it just has sentimental value. ;)

I am still trying to sell the Excursion! If ANYBODY knows someone interested, send them my way. $10,500 takes it away, and it's well worth that, you can do the Kelley Blue Book Value thing online and see that.

347sc
06-12-2007, 10:45 AM
I was looking thru my old race pages and ran across the BG wild street pics of the car with the rubber chicken on the antenna. I had to laugh.

Sometimes you just cant put a value on things.
Learn that the hard way.