Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
Any Architects on the board? [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Any Architects on the board?

jlt2006
04-23-2007, 03:51 PM
Just like the topic says, is anyone here an architect?
One that knows the building codes and what not.
Wanting to make some changes here at the homefront.

ihave1sweetride
04-23-2007, 03:52 PM
building codes, you'll have to get from the city or town...

What are you wanting to change?

Evil_Capri
04-23-2007, 03:58 PM
Jeff-

Can't remember if you live in Clermont county or not, but this may help.

http://www.co.clermont.oh.us/building/default.php?section=buildcode

Here's Hamilton County Building Codes.

http://www.hamilton-co.org/hcbi/dbi_docs/2007&#37;20Hamilton%20County%20Building%20Code.pdf

bobtsgt
04-23-2007, 04:10 PM
he wants to build his very own Bunny Ranch out back :lol:

jlt2006
04-23-2007, 05:23 PM
I am thinking I have two different paths to go down.

Currently, I have a 24 X 39 building in the rear of my property (garage/work shop). It has no concrete floor in it yet or a drive way back to it. The two ways of driving back to it are the outside or through the garage, which has front and rear garage doors. Not really enough room to drive comfortably on the outside.

One idea is to have the concrete pumped over the house to the back. And they other is to chop off about half the current garage and put a drive way to the back. Don't really want to do the second. But I am looking at both options to get a estimated cost of each.

If I go the first route. I can expand the small bathroom that I have. Also a mud room or pantry on the end of the kitchen.

Then I want to build a whole bunch of rabbit pins on the back patio so I can keep Bob happy.

thanks Jason, I am on the edge of Hamilton county.

mustang8998
04-23-2007, 07:23 PM
If you chop half of the garage off, can I have it. Mine just not big enough! :lol:

Pops Fun
04-23-2007, 08:07 PM
If you chop half of the garage off, can I have it. Mine just not big enough! :lol:

:lol::lol::lol:

Reminds me when I built my new one, we took down the old one down and put it on a trailer and took it to my brothers... he used it til this year when he moved . Now he has the bigger garage.. :lol::lol:

Pops

ihave1sweetride
04-24-2007, 07:36 AM
Jeff... you'll probably want to check within the city of loveland.. i'm pretty sure they have a set of there own rules... they have them for everything else there...

REDHOTGTGIRL
04-24-2007, 09:21 AM
My sister is a Designer and very good with CAD and doing floorplans. She might be able to help if you opt to do the additions to the house, not sure if she can help with the garage/driveway though. She can design and layout to code, but you may have to have it stamped and approved by a certified architect before construction starts. Let me know and I can get you one of her business cards.

mach_u
04-24-2007, 11:21 AM
My sister is a Designer and very good with CAD and doing floorplans. She might be able to help if you opt to do the additions to the house, not sure if she can help with the garage/driveway though. She can design and layout to code, but you may have to have it stamped and approved by a certified architect before construction starts. Let me know and I can get you one of her business cards.
+1! She is really good. :bigthumb

mustang8998
04-24-2007, 09:02 PM
+1! She is really good. :bigthumb

At designing, right AJ?

92coupe
04-24-2007, 10:40 PM
Sounds like a hell of a project, I take it you dont have enough property on side of your house to pour a driveway?

jlt2006
04-25-2007, 12:12 AM
The answer to that is yes if I were a ricer or small compact owner.

But the 06, no way. Not enough room. The attached garage does have doors front and rear. But would need to build ramps to get out the back. Especially since it is lowered.

92coupe
04-25-2007, 12:14 AM
I have only seen one house with garage doors on both ends of the garage.

Did they put the other one in to access the back garage?

mach_u
04-25-2007, 08:03 AM
At designing, right AJ?
:booty: Yes! You're ate up. :lol:

jlt2006
04-25-2007, 12:31 PM
I have only seen one house with garage doors on both ends of the garage.

Did they put the other one in to access the back garage?

I am assuming that is the case. The rear door still has the four inch tall concrete that the walls are sitting on.