Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
kick arse weekend [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : kick arse weekend

bobtsgt
04-20-2007, 11:31 AM
so since its a b e a utiful weekend what is everybodys plans? I plan on doing some major car work and possibly some yard stuff. mabey even get my car done so I can enjoy it on Sunday :D

cstreu1026
04-20-2007, 11:33 AM
What kind of major car work are you planning?

We are looking at some houses tomorrow and hopefully I can get some yard work done this weekend too.

DeckerEnt
04-20-2007, 11:35 AM
It all depends what the family has planned. I know sunday there is a birthday party at my house for my wife's sister's child. I have to work a half day on Saturday so I really have no plans. I will do something I am sure.
Keith

Holly
04-20-2007, 11:48 AM
Mowing the grass tonight.

Washing the Grand Damnit tomorrow, then hopefully heading to Edgewater to do a little racing in da coupe. ;)

Sunday - open the windows and mop the floors, clean the house! Then I am going to my sister's to take pictures of the 8 kittens. They are walking around, being all cute and stuff. I hope none of them end up in my car. :lol:

bobtsgt
04-20-2007, 11:54 AM
What kind of major car work are you planning?
you'll have to come down and find out :D or I can show you at the track ;)

jlt2006
04-20-2007, 12:54 PM
Friday-Bob is helping me with some switch
Saturday-UMTR
Sunday-buying a lawn mower to mow my grass for the first time this year

ihave1sweetride
04-20-2007, 12:54 PM
detailing the cars... since i can't get anyone to come do it for me... ;)

Mista Bone
04-20-2007, 01:58 PM
I'll be working :(

Delivery a tranny to Circleville
Fix a leaky axle seal in Pickerington
Work on a tranny in Canal Winchester
Help out with SCCA inspections in Delaware
Car meet at Alum Creek to drop off another tranny
Pick up another tranny (not sure where yet, hopefully at the meet)
look at a shop in Dublin where I'm to work on two more trannys
Then stop in Dayton on my way back.......

no UMTR watching for me this weekend :(

Gene
04-20-2007, 02:40 PM
Tonight- Friend's birthday party
Saturday - Work, then motorcycling after work
Sunday - More motorcycling. Might ride up to Mid-Ohio and watch some NASA racing and take some pictures. Need to break in the new telephoto lens.

5.0calypso93lx
04-20-2007, 03:27 PM
Goin' to ewater tonight to figure out what I need to dial in for the UMTR on saturday. Saturday morning until UMTR starts, gonna wetsand on the car some more. Did a little last night, and we did a small spot all the way to the end and buffed it, and its going to look awesome!

Then FREE UFC saturday night. One of the better weekends I've looked forward too.

Black Hole
04-20-2007, 08:12 PM
Major fuggin yardwork. :(

Took a day of vacation today so I could get a head start....been to Home Depot twice today and twice earlier this week.

I spent 9 hours in the yard today, now I got a softball game....and then I get to rinse and repeat all day tomorrow instead of getting to Edgewater for UMTR. :mad:

If I'm lucky, I won't have to spend all day Sunday finishing things...

dedpedal
04-20-2007, 08:15 PM
Ill be soaking my feet , on a beach in a country far far away.

88ssp
04-20-2007, 08:18 PM
First autocross race this weekend in these parts. I'm a complete newbie, so I'm not expecting much especially since I'm in street modified and don't have all of the parts to justify that class.

Mista Bone
04-20-2007, 11:10 PM
If your a complete newb, enter Novice class as long at you can, that way you'll be watching cones when the faster cars are running, you'll be able to see the better lines.

Now seeing the better lines and putting the car there are two WHOLE different things!

88ssp
04-20-2007, 11:13 PM
No novice class with the local clubs I'll be dealing with. There is a novice school next month, though.

RyanR
04-21-2007, 01:07 AM
prom saturday lol im a youngin and picking up my new wheels sunday

Mista Bone
04-21-2007, 02:08 AM
No novice class with the local clubs I'll be dealing with. There is a novice school next month, though.

Then where are you going to kill cones at? Kentucky?

Holly
04-21-2007, 11:56 PM
and then I get to rinse and repeat all day tomorrow instead of getting to Edgewater for UMTR. :mad:

I was wondering where you were! I had lots of fun racing. It felt good to get out there - even if I do suck and my car is slow. :lol:

Craig - did you win? Thanks for beating me, I was ready to go home anyway. :D

92coupe
04-22-2007, 01:52 AM
We had a blast at the track ripping up the 1320, Good time!!

theyallslow
04-22-2007, 09:27 AM
bob, hope you get it all locked in sunday. sorry i could not get more done to help.

Black Hole
04-23-2007, 09:07 AM
I was wondering where you were! I had lots of fun racing. It felt good to get out there - even if I do suck and my car is slow. :lol:
I wish I was there....trust me.

9 hours Friday
12 hours Saturday
13 hours Sunday

COMPLETELY redid the landscaping in the front of the house from scratch....put in 1200 pounds of landscaping blocks to create some upper beds, dropped in over 2000 pounds of soil, landscaping fabric, dug holes and dropped in over 40 plants/shrubs, and topped it off with 3 1/3 cubic yards of mulch.

Moved about 13,000 pounds of rock (2"-6" which was really 2"-12") from my driveway to my back yard (I live on a hill mind you.....this was UP hill). This took a solid 7+ hours

Laid 10 rolls of sod on the front hill and seeded/strawed the other bare spots.

Painted the master bedroom

Cut/painted/installed the baseboards in the master bathroom (to finally finish it).

And then cleaned the entire house from top to bottom, inside and out, for my appraisal this morning.

I'm beat and sunburnt. :(

Saturday night I was in bed by 9:30!!!! :eek:

And to top it off, I had no hot water this morning... :mad:

Thanks to Timmy for helpin me with that rock......or I'd still be out there moving that crap.

bobtsgt
04-23-2007, 09:14 AM
bob, hope you get it all locked in sunday. sorry i could not get more done to help.

all I have left is to rebleed the brakes and I should be all ready to go. I checked everything yesterday and its all good to go.

Holly
04-23-2007, 09:19 AM
I wish I was there....trust me.

9 hours Friday
12 hours Saturday
13 hours Sunday

COMPLETELY redid the landscaping in the front of the house from scratch....put in 1200 pounds of landscaping blocks to create some upper beds, dropped in over 2000 pounds of soil, landscaping fabric, dug holes and dropped in over 40 plants/shrubs, and topped it off with 3 1/3 cubic yards of mulch.

Moved about 13,000 pounds of rock (2"-6" which was really 2"-12") from my driveway to my back yard (I live on a hill mind you.....this was UP hill). This took a solid 7+ hours

Laid 10 rolls of sod on the front hill and seeded/strawed the other bare spots.

Painted the master bedroom

Cut/painted/installed the baseboards in the master bathroom (to finally finish it).

And then cleaned the entire house from top to bottom, inside and out, for my appraisal this morning.

I'm beat and sunburnt. :(

Saturday night I was in bed by 9:30!!!! :eek:

And to top it off, I had no hot water this morning... :mad:

Thanks to Timmy for helpin me with that rock......or I'd still be out there moving that crap.

Sounds like your landscaping is looking good! I need to spend a weekend doing all that too, but no sense in it until the other stuff gets done, I don't want my flowers trampled. :lol:

There is always next time. ;)

theyallslow
04-23-2007, 09:34 AM
Let me know if you would like some help with any of that bob.

Gene
04-23-2007, 09:41 AM
I wish I was there....trust me...

http://www.enfingerlandscaping.com/

Never mow a lawn, lay mulch, or do any kind of yard work ever again...more time to go out and play. :bigthumb

And why clean the house for an appraisal? The appraiser can see past a mess.

Yard and house work sucks. That's why God invented Mexicans. :D

Oh well. I had fun this weekend. :D

bobtsgt
04-23-2007, 09:51 AM

HAHAHAHAHAH :lol: awesome :bigthumb

Black Hole
04-23-2007, 10:28 AM
http://www.enfingerlandscaping.com/

Never mow a lawn, lay mulch, or do any kind of yard work ever again...more time to go out and play. :bigthumb

And why clean the house for an appraisal? The appraiser can see past a mess.

Oh well. I had fun this weekend. :D
The "appraisal" was the excuse for Em to put me to work......she's been bitching for a while, so I knocked everything out and she has NOTHING to bitch about right now... (until next week)

Seriously, it needed to be done...

RACEME
04-23-2007, 10:32 AM
[QUOTE=Black Hole;261838]she has NOTHING to bitch about right now... (until next week)

[QUOTE]

You have soooo much to learn.....

Black Hole
04-23-2007, 10:39 AM
she has NOTHING to bitch about right now... (until next week)

You have soooo much to learn.....
Sorry....forgot the SARCASM tags. ;)

Mista Bone
04-23-2007, 02:14 PM
well.......not so kickass weekend.

Last Saturday I put this on the car after changing the oil......

http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m307/bonespec/Wrecked/P4240002.jpg

This Saturday......

http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m307/bonespec/Wrecked/P4220003.jpg

http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m307/bonespec/Wrecked/P4240003.jpg

http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m307/bonespec/Wrecked/P4240008.jpg

will get a check for $2318 once I get the titled converted to salvage, but it is rebuildable.......I don't wanna mess with it.

bobtsgt
04-23-2007, 02:57 PM
damn that sucks. atleast you got your usage out of it. you gonna part it or sell it whole?

Mista Bone
04-23-2007, 03:11 PM
I really haven't decided yet.

While I like my Honda, I've had it for so long I'd like something different.

11.5 years......I paid $7000 in Oct 1995
2 SCCA points wins
over 1000 passes at the dragstrip
IASCA SQ competitor

Well my mind might be made it, it would be perfect for a drag race car.......and a few companys have offered to help, i.e. sponsorship parts......then I would need a truck and a trailer or dolly......

DeckerEnt
04-23-2007, 05:48 PM
Ouch!! What did you hit??
Keith

Mista Bone
04-24-2007, 12:08 AM
You mean what hit me?

Some lost blonde 48-50 yo bitch from KY lost in Ohio. (just a little ranting)

She was driving a 2002 Ford Escape, it only needs a front bumper cover! She turned left in front of me as I was oncoming. Imagine someone (her) turning from KY 17 into the White Castle plant while oncoming traffic (me) in a 35 mph zone has right of way. Two trucks in front of her cleared. She was lost, going to Cincinnati Mills mall but missed the exit.

Rev 5.0 has given me a sign!!!!!!!

I've did some thinking, it will be a drag car. Old goal was 13.99 NA 1.5L in street trim with slicks, now I'm thinking 12.99 cut and gutted running on E85 @ 1650 lbs + driver.

Locally that will be fine, but if I goto other Import events, the fiberglass nose would move me out of "street" class......

But before all that, I need a DD vehicle, maybe something that can tow 2400 lbs including a car dolly. 2001 Subaru Forester or maybe a Ford Ranger 4.0L. The "tow" vehicle will also be used for 120 mile daily loop doing courier duty.

BTW, she should have been cited. The intersection of Hamilton Ave, and Houston Road (Mt Healthty exit) is bad to begin with. The cop asked me if it matter if she was cited. I didn't care as long as her insurance (Progressive) took care of my car, which they have so far. Once I have my title changed over to Salvage status they will issue me a check for $2318.

Think is, no one got hurt badly. I had a slightly sight neck and a headache (hangover) and a small cut on my left hand where it hit the dash board upon impact.

I had a number in my head what my car was worth to me ($2500) then normal buyback ($300) which would have been a check for $2200. Progressive offered the $2318 minus $150 buyback but I didn't need the 3 day rental so the adjuster used that against the buyback.

Oh yeah.......have I ever mentioned my child support issue and my driving privledges being suspended????? Thats a different rant, but the cop was cool about it since I didn't have a warrant and was truthful about me fighting CSEA over the issues.

Cliffs notes, I got hit, car is totalled, cops and insurance folk were pleasant to deal with.

Now to see if Bank of Mom will allow for a loan :)