Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
Virginia Tech Shooting Disaster... [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Virginia Tech Shooting Disaster...

BigBadStang
04-16-2007, 03:35 PM
WTF is wrong with some people?
Is some peoples self esteem so high, that if someone wrongs them they are compelled to show everyone that "you cant do that to me!"

The Sad News (http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,266374,00.html)

PonymanfiveO
04-16-2007, 03:44 PM
horrible...what has this world come to!?

ihave1sweetride
04-16-2007, 04:33 PM
It seems that you can't go anywhere without being save anymore.... So sad.. prayers to all those families... hope noone has family/friends there.

Pops Fun
04-16-2007, 04:35 PM
So Sad.... don't know what to say about it...

Thoughts and Prayers to the families

'92Stang
04-16-2007, 04:43 PM
Freakin' Idiot:HYF: , Nobody seems to have any value for human life anymore:mad:

Mista Bone
04-16-2007, 05:26 PM
Just how many clips for a handgun did he have on him?

"The shooter was "wearing a vest covered in clips was just unloading on their door, going from classroom to classroom …"

R825OH
04-16-2007, 05:41 PM
People don't have any morals or values anymore,... thoughts and prayers

wht_stang
04-16-2007, 05:43 PM
the article i read said that the students complained afterwards that the school made no announcement about the first shootings in the dorms till 2 hours later via email which was the time he started in the classes what kind of shit is that too

BigBadStang
04-16-2007, 09:35 PM
here is an interesting read...
taken from ohioans for concealed carry

Gun bill gets shot down by panel
HB 1572, which would have allowed handguns on college campuses, died in subcommittee.

A bill that would have given college students and employees the right to carry handguns on campus died with nary a shot being fired in the General Assembly.

House Bill 1572 didn't get through the House Committee on Militia, Police and Public Safety. It died Monday in the subcommittee stage, the first of several hurdles bills must overcome before becoming laws.

Virginia Tech spokesman Larry Hincker was happy to hear the bill was defeated. "I'm sure the university community is appreciative of the General Assembly's actions because this will help parents, students, faculty and visitors feel safe on our campus."

Thank you, Virginia Tech spokesman Larry Hincker. I'm sure people felt safer. But were they?

I recall seeing legitimate news sources and comedy programs alike sniping at Wisconsin State Representative Frank Lasee's attempt to enact legislation allowing trained professionals to carry defensive firearms in his state's schools after the Pennsylvania Amish School tragedy that took place a few months ago. His logical suggestion that actually attempted to do something was only met with criticism and mockery.

Hopefully, our society can start to wake up and seek real answers rather than continuing in our current downward spiral of feel-good, do-nothing legislation.

for the entire story
Click Here (http://www.ohioccw.org/content/view/3858/83/)

Pops Fun
04-16-2007, 11:03 PM
Sorry to say but I thought about Concealed carry when I read this, people would have still died but as many? Thought and prayers again the the families.

Pops

Black92LX
04-16-2007, 11:10 PM
chalk up 32 more reasons as to why i take a gun everywhere i go!!!!!

this absolutly saddens me. Our ogvernment forced these people to be victims or criminals.
The clearly points out why people that are legall CCWers should be allowed to carry almost anywhere.

Would people still have died if CCW were legal I am sure they would have. Would 32 people be dead i honestly don't believe so.

It's an absolute travesty what happened today. What saddens me even deeper is that with the liberal ways this country is going i see only stricter gun laws in the future which will only make more casualties.

There is not a gun law on the books that worked or has ever worked. Why? Because criminals don't follow laws.
One day people will realize that the government is not here to take care of you as an individual. It never has been and it never will be (hurricane katrina is a prime example) we as citizens need to be able to take care of ourselves.

92coupe
04-16-2007, 11:18 PM
This is so sad, Thoughts and prayers.

DeckerEnt
04-17-2007, 12:30 AM
I heard about this today and just kept thinking that if some student trained and licenced to carry a firearm was in that classroom, the body count would be much lower and the shooter wouldn't have a chance to take his own life cause someone would do it for him. The only problem is that the swarm of lawyers looking to score a capitol case would sue the trained student, the local police would arrest and try to convict the trained student, and the news media would rake the trained student over the coals.
I have my ccw permit here in Ky and try to carry as much as possible. Not looking to be a hero, just ready to prevent scum from killing me or any one else.
Keith

Jeff88coupe
04-17-2007, 08:55 AM
I saw this posted on another board...sorta ironic.

The great irony is a Virginia house committee killed a bill that would have allowed ccw on campus. Instead, they guaranteed no law abiding people were equipped to maybe stop this madness. I'm sure glad they had their "violence prevention policy!"

http://www.roanoke.com/news/roanoke/wb/wb/xp-50658

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gun bill gets shot down by panel
HB 1572, which would have allowed handguns on college campuses, died in subcommittee.

By Greg Esposito
381-1675

A bill that would have given college students and employees the right to carry handguns on campus died with nary a shot being fired in the General Assembly.

House Bill 1572 didn't get through the House Committee on Militia, Police and Public Safety. It died Monday in the subcommittee stage, the first of several hurdles bills must overcome before becoming laws.

The bill was proposed by Del. Todd Gilbert, R-Shenandoah County, on behalf of the Virginia Citizens Defense League. Gilbert was unavailable Monday and spokesman Gary Frink would not comment on the bill's defeat other than to say the issue was dead for this General Assembly session.

Virginia Tech spokesman Larry Hincker was happy to hear the bill was defeated. "I'm sure the university community is appreciative of the General Assembly's actions because this will help parents, students, faculty and visitors feel safe on our campus."

Del. Dave Nutter, R-Christiansburg, would not comment Monday because he was not part of the subcommittee that discussed the bill.

Most universities in Virginia require students and employees, other than police, to check their guns with police or campus security upon entering campus. The legislation was designed to prohibit public universities from making "rules or regulations limiting or abridging the ability of a student who possesses a valid concealed handgun permit ... from lawfully carrying a concealed handgun."

The legislation allowed for exceptions for participants in athletic events, storage of guns in residence halls and military training programs.

Last spring a Virginia Tech student was disciplined for bringing a handgun to class, despite having a concealed handgun permit. Some gun owners questioned the university's authority, while the Virginia Association of Chiefs of Police came out against the presence of guns on campus.

In June, Tech's governing board approved a violence prevention policy reiterating its ban on students or employees carrying guns and prohibiting visitors from bringing them into campus facilities.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BigBadStang
04-17-2007, 01:11 PM
posted gun free zones are nothing but a free for all zone. hell the bad guy knows no one is carrying!! this is madness!
all the law (posting no guns) does is keep citizens from protecting themselves!!

ADaughen
04-17-2007, 04:38 PM
I heard about this today and just kept thinking that if some student trained and licenced to carry a firearm was in that classroom, the body count would be much lower and the shooter wouldn't have a chance to take his own life cause someone would do it for him. The only problem is that the swarm of lawyers looking to score a capitol case would sue the trained student, the local police would arrest and try to convict the trained student, and the news media would rake the trained student over the coals.
I have my ccw permit here in Ky and try to carry as much as possible. Not looking to be a hero, just ready to prevent scum from killing me or any one else.
Keith

VA allows for carry on all campus other than UVA. BUT VT and a few others stated they would try to prosecute any student caught carrying. Legally, all VT could have done was expell a student with CCW while in class.

Ohio, it is a felony (we can, however store it in our car).
California, of all states, allows the CCW holder to carry in college.

If 1&#37; of the student body were CCW holders, 200-250, any given day could have been armed. That would put at minimum 1 person in that building that day with a gun.

Rather than take away the guns. You have to start treating schools like Israel does. Arm the teachers. At the college level... hell LET US protect ourselves without having to worry about commiting felonies or being expelled. US Supreme Court already ruled that the police aren't there to protect us... Who will?

Black92LX
04-18-2007, 11:00 AM
The only problem is that the swarm of lawyers looking to score a capitol case would sue the trained student, the local police would arrest and try to convict the trained student, and the news media would rake the trained student over the coals.

I disagree. There have been quite a few in defense shootings (and even run you over with my truck) cases in the Cincy area alone and none have been brought up on charges. What state CCW laws need to fight for is a clause stating in a justified shooting the person can't be sued on the civil level.

But even if I were brought up on trial I would rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6.

If it makes it there it may be a long drawn out court room battle (but that is one reason among many to join the NRA they have a great legal defense fund). But in the end I see no jury of any competancy finding one guilty. But again you never know how a case might be found.
But I would still rather be alive then dead.
So hopefully this be a lesson to all. You need to be able to take care of yourself.