Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
67 Fastback replacement bodies [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : 67 Fastback replacement bodies

Motorvation
04-15-2007, 11:27 PM
The latest issue of Hot Rod magazine has just reported the new 67 bodies are available. I don't know how you guys feel, but I think it's freaking awesome. 67 Camaro coupes, 67 Mustang fastbacks, 69 Camaro coupe/convertible, and 57 Chevys all availible in steel. Another company has 67 Chevy IIs, and 70 Mustang fastbacks in fiberglass. There will be a couple versions of Mopars available soon in both steel and F-glass. I don't even have my project complete and I already want to buy one of each. It's truely a sickness.:lol:

92coupe
04-15-2007, 11:40 PM
Yeah i wouldnt mind a 67 fastback.

Stangman
04-15-2007, 11:44 PM
I want a '68..... and in Highland Green....:D

mustangboy
04-15-2007, 11:51 PM
I think it is cool but they come at a price. A Stang body goes for $16k w/ shipping and that is just a bare bones body. So needless to say starting from scratch could get VERY expensive. I have yet to read the whole article so I don't know if they even talked about getting a VIN# for the bodies and how difficult that would be. I guess I would rather see people hack up an aftermarket body and save the originals.

bestracing
04-16-2007, 02:37 PM
I think it is cool but they come at a price. A Stang body goes for $16k w/ shipping and that is just a bare bones body. So needless to say starting from scratch could get VERY expensive. I have yet to read the whole article so I don't know if they even talked about getting a VIN# for the bodies and how difficult that would be. I guess I would rather see people hack up an aftermarket body and save the originals.

Well if you already have a car that the body has gone to shit but everything else is still good this would be a good starting point to get it done right with the body work.

Ranger50
04-16-2007, 02:53 PM
Well...Look at it this way....After it's all said and done, for ROUGHLY 40k, you have a very nice trophy winner that is drivable anywhere. Sure beats paying 10k for a basketcase (thank you, you a-holes at B-J) that is going to require 40k to fix........

As for a VIN, you will have to file paperwork as if it's a kitcar or assembled chassis.

I just wish they would have done a 65-66 with an option for no shock towers for a nice BBF to slide into them framerails..... Until then a nice 67 Camaro coupe dream buildup will have to suffice. :D

shep
04-16-2007, 08:40 PM
eh im not going to lie...im waiting for the cuda ....

Motorvation
04-16-2007, 11:07 PM
I just wish they would have done a 65-66 with an option for no shock towers for a nice BBF to slide into them framerails.....

At least they did their homework for this release. The 67 FB comes with FE shock towers. BBF should be no problem.:D How bout that nasty 550 hp 460 to stuff in there!:bigthumb

HARCracing
04-16-2007, 11:57 PM
Check here for fiberglass bodies!!! http://www.usbody.com/

Interesting site

DeckerEnt
04-17-2007, 12:13 AM
Me too Shep. Actually a nice 68 Charger would fit into my plans well.
Keith

Stangman
04-17-2007, 02:16 AM
If a Mopar body came out, Id almost bet it would cost at least a 1/3 more than the ford or the chevy body... cuz that seems to be how chrysler is... I had a 74 scamp for about 4 years.... and it just sat cuz i couldnt afford a single mopar part to fix it.... well that and no body made the crap that basketcase needed to fix it at the time.

DeckerEnt
04-17-2007, 08:36 AM
The after market has stepped up on mopar stuff but it costs so much. I don't know why. Maybe it is that restored mopars sell for so much more than chebbys and fords when done.
Keith

cstreu1026
04-17-2007, 09:17 AM
Well at least there is a chance that you could build a hemi cuda convertible for less than the $2Million+ it takes to buy one.

Stangman
04-17-2007, 11:00 AM
ive always heard it was something about how chrysler does their licensing, and how they have huge fees envolved in the licensing process or sumthin like that...

Motorvation
04-18-2007, 10:52 PM
I don't know why. Maybe it is that restored mopars sell for so much more than chebbys and fords when done.
Keith

They sell for more because it cost more to build. A guy my Dad worked with built a Chrysler 440 with some used parts and it still cost him twice as much as my Chevy 502.