Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
waltrip [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : waltrip

rally
04-12-2007, 05:10 PM
anyone see the article about mikey falling asleep at the wheel of his truck and rolling over in a ditch?

67Terror
04-12-2007, 05:19 PM
yea i saw it. i'll bet he was drunk

White1967
04-12-2007, 06:58 PM
Heres a link to a few pics of the remain of his Land Cruiser. Looks like a pretty nasty rollover.

www.wcnc.com/news/slideshows/0411-waltrip/manual/01.htm

SMOKE
04-12-2007, 07:03 PM
I am a big NASCAR fan, and have always been a fan of Michael Waltrips, even though I'm not a big fan of Toyota, I still support him. I have a feeling this might have just sealed the deal with him and his sponsorship with Toyota ending. He has brought a lot of bad attention towards the Toyota franchise this year and I'd say if he is able to keep them through all of this, he is REALLy the man!

93lincolnmk8
04-12-2007, 11:50 PM
I think that they should keep toyota out! They have no business in NASCAR. :mad:

Stangman
04-13-2007, 12:19 AM
Yup, Its not the National Association of Stock Car Auto Racing for nothing....its not International....but then again the cars arent quite stock nowadays either....

02mingryGT
04-13-2007, 09:20 AM
I like Toyota being in it. Gives me something to laugh at on Friday/Saturday/Sunday.
As far as Waltrip....hell yeah he was probably drunk. You'd be drunk too if you had to drive a Toyota and could never make a race. That commercial with Sammy Hagar ended up being spot on didn't it? :lol:

'92Stang
04-13-2007, 09:33 AM
Rumor has it, he was getting serviced by gordon:D

quik lx
04-13-2007, 09:59 AM
:lol: :lol: :lol:

85_SS_302_Coupe
04-13-2007, 11:21 AM
He was probably going too slow and got bored and dozed off.

Gene
04-13-2007, 11:35 AM
I think that they should keep toyota out! They have no business in NASCAR. :mad:

Yup, Its not the National Association of Stock Car Auto Racing for nothing....its not International....but then again the cars arent quite stock nowadays either....

Whatever. The Camry is the only one of the four "cars" that is in NASCAR that actually in built in the United States. :rolleyes:

I'm guessing "falling asleep" was a euphemism for "so drunk I could barely keep my eyes open". He was damn lucky he didn't get killed.

MystichromeVert
04-13-2007, 12:11 PM
Article I read yesterday said the cops showed up to his house an hour after the accident and he didn't answer the door. One of his representatives said he was showering in his pool house and didn't hear them.

How conveninent.

Found the article: http://www.tsn.ca/auto_racing/news_story/?ID=203861&hubname=auto_racing

BigBadStang
04-13-2007, 02:14 PM
nevermind his toyota deal. he better watch out. napa has spent a ton of $$ for nothing but bad pub. hell, he is still -100 in the points!! what a joke.
I have heard at work that our (UPS) PR execs are getting restless with the LOUSY showing from jarretts pitiful performance.

the camry (i still laugh when i say or hear that...sounds like a hillbilly trying to say "camera"!) may be assembled here in the U.S., but last i checked, all the $$ was still going to a japanese company. :rolleyes:

02mingryGT
04-14-2007, 06:55 AM
Whatever. The Camry is the only one of the four "cars" that is in NASCAR that actually in built in the United States. :rolleyes:

I'm guessing "falling asleep" was a euphemism for "so drunk I could barely keep my eyes open". He was damn lucky he didn't get killed.

Hey Gene you a member of the Darrell Waltrip fan club? That was what he kept saying before the 500 and his on-air mates politely told him that "Yes, but the nameplate originates in Japan." :D

To be honest I don't have anything against them and it's turning out alot how I expected this year. The "cars" are all pretty even so it comes down to drivers and crew chiefs/members. And Toyota doesn't have any......maybe in a few years.

Gene
04-14-2007, 09:49 AM
Hey Gene you a member of the Darrell Waltrip fan club? That was what he kept saying before the 500 and his on-air mates politely told him that "Yes, but the nameplate originates in Japan." :D

To be honest I don't have anything against them and it's turning out alot how I expected this year. The "cars" are all pretty even so it comes down to drivers and crew chiefs/members. And Toyota doesn't have any......maybe in a few years.

No, but I have a lot of respect for Toyota as a car company . Unlike the Big Three, they know what the hell they're doing when it comes to building a product that people want to buy. As opposed to Ford, who manages to screw the pooch with every new product introduction.

As far as racing, I also respect Toyota for having the balls to get into the Cup fray. They're the only foreign manufacturer that was willing to pony up and build a pushrod v8 and go race NASCAR. I just get annoyed at the xenophobic attitude about Toyota "having no business in NASCAR". They aren't the first foreign marque to race NASCAR. A Jaguar won a Grand National race in 1954, and Porsche raced at Talladega in the late 60s. ;)

I'm actually surprised they're not more competitive...the Trucks were fast right out of the box...I'm surprised they're having the teething problems with the Camrys.

02mingryGT
04-14-2007, 10:33 AM
I think it's more talent than anything.

They'll get better. Most of the veteran drivers in truck are in Toyota's. Guys looking to get some experience are in the other makes.....for the most part. Mark Martin dominates those guys every time he races in the truck so I still think it's more driver talent than actual truck plate that's affecting that.

93lincolnmk8
04-14-2007, 11:41 AM
No, but I have a lot of respect for Toyota as a car company . Unlike the Big Three, they know what the hell they're doing when it comes to building a product that people want to buy. As opposed to Ford, who manages to screw the pooch with every new product introduction.

As far as racing, I also respect Toyota for having the balls to get into the Cup fray. They're the only foreign manufacturer that was willing to pony up and build a pushrod v8 and go race NASCAR. I just get annoyed at the xenophobic attitude about Toyota "having no business in NASCAR". They aren't the first foreign marque to race NASCAR. A Jaguar won a Grand National race in 1954, and Porsche raced at Talladega in the late 60s. ;)

I'm actually surprised they're not more competitive...the Trucks were fast right out of the box...I'm surprised they're having the teething problems with the Camrys.

How can you have any respect for any autombile that originated in Japan? :confused: If you recall Pearl Harbor Japan attacked US!!! :eek:

Gene
04-14-2007, 12:39 PM
How can you have any respect for any autombile that originated in Japan? :confused: If you recall Pearl Harbor Japan attacked US!!! :eek:

Because I'm not a xenophobic mouthbreather.

93lincolnmk8
04-14-2007, 12:48 PM
Unlike the Big Three, they know what the hell they're doing when it comes to building a product that people want to buy. As opposed to Ford, who manages to screw the pooch with every new product introduction.
Because I'm not a xenophobic mouthbreather.

Really???

Gene
04-14-2007, 01:20 PM
Really???

Do you know what xenophobic (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xenophobia)means?

On the other issue: Ford has had a really poor track record with new car introductions over the last ten years or so. They have gone from having the number one selling car in America in the late 80s (Taurus) to barely being able to compete with the Japanese automakers in mid-size sedans. Ford sold 84,000 Five Hundreds in 2006, while Toyota sold 448,000 Camrys. If that's not screwing the pooch I don't know what is.

Some remedial reading on the US auto industry and where it's heading...
http://forums.corner-carvers.com/showthread.php?t=22328

Ford builds good full-size trucks and the Mustang. But they can't build a "normal" car, minivan or crossover that people actually want to buy.

93lincolnmk8
04-14-2007, 01:43 PM
Do you know what xenophobic (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xenophobia)means?

Yes, do you??? I can say I am an american!

Gene
04-14-2007, 01:49 PM
Yes, do you??? I can say I am an american!

Try not to drool on yourself while you're masturbating to Lee Greenwood.

93lincolnmk8
04-14-2007, 01:58 PM
You're a Waltrip fan arent you? :confused:

beefcake
04-14-2007, 02:44 PM
:popcorn:

subscribing

Gene
04-14-2007, 02:52 PM
You're a Waltrip fan arent you? :confused:

No, I could care less about a given driver. I like racing to watch racing. Unless the driver is a guy that I could walk up to and buy a beer for after the race (i.e. a guy I would consider a friend), I could care less who's behind the wheel. Honestly, unless you know the guy who is racing personally, racing can be kind of dull to watch. I'd rather watch a Grand-Am Cup or American Iron race than NASCAR or Formula One, because I actually know some of the guys behind the wheel (or who are turning wrenches on the cars). It make the racing a lot more interesting.

93lincolnmk8
04-14-2007, 03:09 PM
So what offends you more? The fact that I do not like toyota or that no one is supporting you.

Gene
04-14-2007, 03:22 PM
So what offends you more? The fact that I do not like toyota or that no one is supporting you.

I'm annoyed by the fact that your reasons for disliking Toyota is because they're Japanese and "The Japanese bombed Pearl Harbor". It's a naive, close-minded attitude that is part of the reason why many people around the world hate Americans. The current CEO of Toyota was born in 1942. I'm pretty certain he wasn't involved in the bombing of Pearl Harbor. But, you're 19 and haven't been out in the real world yet, so maybe I should cut you a little slack.

If you didn't like Toyota because they make boring appliance cars, that's a totally valid reason. Personally, I think they're dull. They haven't made a car I'd be interested in buying since they discontinued the Supra. But you can't deny that they build a good product that people like to buy, and their racing accomplishments are impressive as well.

But to dislike a company (or a country) based on an act committed over sixty years ago by a government that is no longer in power is just plain ignorant. It would be like hating the British because of the War of 1812 or the Spanish because of the Spanish-American war. If this was 1948, I could understand harboring a bit of resentment, but there's a point where you have to let the past be the past.

93lincolnmk8
04-14-2007, 03:33 PM
Just the other day I saw a bumper sticker and it made alot of sense to me but some people probably dont get it. It read: HUNGRY? OUT OF A JOB? EAT YOUR FOREIGN CAR!!!

With members of my family working for Ford and seeing the drawbacks that foreign cars have had on the American economy I think that i have a right to dislike toyota.

Mr.Moontang
04-14-2007, 03:36 PM
Try not to drool on yourself while you're masturbating to Lee Greenwood.

Its nice to see you are making friends Gene... Maybe he would like to go check out the new line of Mitsubishi automobiles with you after all thats what powered the "Zero's" and leave Toyota alone for a bit...:popcorn:

Gene
04-14-2007, 04:17 PM
Just the other day I saw a bumper sticker and it made alot of sense to me but some people probably dont get it. It read: HUNGRY? OUT OF A JOB? EAT YOUR FOREIGN CAR!!!

I take it you don't shop at Wal-Mart then either? That has a much greater effect on the American economy than Japanese carmakers.

With members of my family working for Ford and seeing the drawbacks that foreign cars have had on the American economy I think that i have a right to dislike toyota.

Now THAT is a valid reason to not like a foreign automaker. I completely understand and respect that viewpoint. If I worked for an American manufacturer I wouldn't be a fan of imports either.

Of course, they could also work for Toyota, who's North American operations are headquartered here, and who has a rather large plant less than an hour south of Cincinnati.

It's not the presence of Toyota that's hurting the American economy. It's that the American automakers didn't see the writing on the wall two or three decades ago and adapt like the should have. Instead they went on with business as usual, agreed to abusive labor agreements with the UAW, built shoddy products, then wondered where their market share disappeared to.

If you want to blame anyone for the demise of the American auto industry, blame the UAW.

Motorvation
04-14-2007, 05:36 PM
Here's why I don't like Toyota in Nascar: They never made a pushrod V-8 that came in any production automobile. Instead they were allowed to design and make an engine from the ground up. They took the best designs from each auto manufacturer's engine and incorporated it to thier own. Sorry but unless they had something out in production, then no competeo...Comprendo? Hell Chevy had to make a certain number of the Aero coupe Monte Carlo before the could use it on the track. Toyota doesn't meet the requirements imposed on the companies in the past, so why let it slide now?

Besides that NASCAR is a total bore anymore. Cookie cutter cars and making allowances to slower manufacturers. Let the car companies duke it out themselves. NASCAR needs to make general rules for safety and engine limits and let the rest lie on the auto companies to out do one another. If Ford wants to race the Mustang, and Chevy the Corvette, then so be it. Anything goes for body style as long as it's a production piece. If one is not competitive with the other then that's just because one needs to choose a better body to use. It's all too pussyfied for me to pay attention to it.

'92Stang
04-14-2007, 05:57 PM
:agree: , Toyota was pretty much the straw that broke the camels back, as far as having any hopes of it returning to stock car racing:HYF:

93lincolnmk8
04-14-2007, 07:18 PM
Anyone who would get on a mustang website and bash FORD while standing up for toyota is in the same league as Imus. nuff said??

Black Horse
04-14-2007, 07:35 PM
I don't see anything really bashing Ford (yes I am sensitive about that) - Gene debates very valid points - Maybe if Mark Fields and McInally were to read informational debates like these they would find a better understanding of the heart of their loyal customer base.

In argument of one point - Ford does have a very successful car in the Fusion, good styling (even though it is a bit too much cookie cutter with all the other manufacturers), great quality, and at a decent price. The 500 may not be a good comparison - we'll debate that when it is rebadged as the "Taurus" and is re-styled.

93Lmk8 - do you work at Batavia or Sharonville?

Stangman
04-14-2007, 07:41 PM
Springer, Springer, Springer!!!!..... oh wait... wrong show, my bad :D

Shaggy
04-14-2007, 07:43 PM
Article I read yesterday said the cops showed up to his house an hour after the accident and he didn't answer the door. One of his representatives said he was showering in his pool house and didn't hear them.

How conveninent.

Found the article: http://www.tsn.ca/auto_racing/news_story/?ID=203861&hubname=auto_racing

Hhahahahaa he was getting serviced by the 18 year old :lol:

93lincolnmk8
04-14-2007, 09:21 PM
93Lmk8 - do you work at Batavia or Sharonville?

No I do not, but my grandfather worked at both and the fairfax plant which no longer employs any american workers, also my cousin currently works at the batavia plant and is worried that he does not have enough years in to transfer to the sharonville plant when batavia shuts down.

Stangman
04-14-2007, 09:47 PM
No I do not, but my grandfather worked at both and the fairfax plant which no longer employs any american workers, also my cousin currently works at the batavia plant and is worried that he does not have enough years in to transfer to the sharonville plant when batavia shuts down.

Dang that sucks Matt, if i worked there id be pretty pissed if they just up and said "Well, umm, your not being transfered" and left me hangin...

ruby71oh
04-14-2007, 10:38 PM
....no longer employs any american workes....

With that quote, you should have a problem with Ford for not hiring any American workers. Seems that they are finding cheap labor in their own country.

93lincolnmk8
04-15-2007, 02:25 AM
With that quote, you should have a problem with Ford for not hiring any American workers. Seems that they are finding cheap labor in their own country.

Cant hire american workers when the plant is closed! :eek:

Mista Bone
04-15-2007, 03:50 AM
Guys, read dedpedal's sig, then comment.

It opens minds and ideas.

"Yes, white man, help us propser and seed our crops, your free from religious/government persecution." which is why the Mayflower landed here.

skip forward a few generations

"Yes mexican laborer, help us pick our crop and escape from you shitty country, we won't send you back. Your child born here, it is American!"

Our forefathers (immigrants) came to this land and forced the "natives" around. We put them on "resevations" if we didn't slaughter their whole tribe (town).........

Now the Latinio immigrants are doing what we did to the Indians, or as we call them, Natives. Natives means this was their land that we OVERRAN and declared it ours!

Check down to base, Mexicans are just Indians, they trying to reclaim where their forefathers hunted before the Ice Age which forced them southward.

Kev, Beleze (sp) sounds like a good idea. You tint, I do transmissions, be only need a engine guy and a body guy (Plated!) to take over!

mach_u
04-15-2007, 09:15 AM
It's not the presence of Toyota that's hurting the American economy. It's that the American automakers didn't see the writing on the wall two or three decades ago and adapt like the should have. Instead they went on with business as usual, agreed to abusive labor agreements with the UAW, built shoddy products, then wondered where their market share disappeared to.

If you want to blame anyone for the demise of the American auto industry, blame the UAW.
I think you are about dead on there Gene (although I still shop at walmart - because I am cheap like that... :lol:). It was apparent the differences after driving a pretty basic Toyota Corolla rental we had a year or two back and then jumping back into my focus. Beautiful fit and finish on the corolla, hardly any road noise and then back into the 2005 focus. At 30k+ miles Every few times it wouldn't start right away, the driver seat back was already starting to give out, lots of road noise, etc. All day long you hear about 250k+ mile honda's, toyotas, etc. If I get 150k out of this focus I'll be surprised. Without some MAJOR changes like you said I believe that build quality and an overpowering UAW is going to bring the domestic auto market to it's knees. I don't plan on stopping buying Ford's but it's a sad sign for the future I think...

ruby71oh
04-15-2007, 01:04 PM
Cant hire american workers when the plant is closed! :eek:

check my location...not from around there...didn't know...and it was your quote from the beginning

7721Cobra
04-15-2007, 02:07 PM
This sounds like the same argument I have with the guys at work all the time. Toyota puts more people in KY to work than any of the big three. With the parts ware house and North American head quarters in NKY; and the Camry built in Georgetown, lots of trailer payments are able to be made here in KY. Unlike the Big 3 that are shipping work to Mexico so some beaner can make the payment on his mud hut. Honda does the same in Ohio. The Tundra is built in Illinois. I bought a new "American built" boat a couple years back, hand built by people of Tennessee, has a Mercury 150 on the back. Pop the engine cover there is a little tag, "assembled in Mexico", so much for Mercury being American.

"Well at least the money goes to an American company when I buy a Ford" Heard that one before. Then we all bitch when the CEO gets a huge bonus and the hard working employees get screwed, and receive pink slips. At least the foreign companies are paying blue collar workers like most of us on here. There really is no such thing as an American company any more.

As for nascar. If any one can show me a Fusion, Monte Carlo, or a Charger with a push rod V8 in them "from the factory". I'll agree with the Toyota V8 argument. Every thing is the same in nascar, same specs different decals.

The Pearl Harbor argument, that was 66 years ago. You can't hold the current generation accountable any more than our generation can be held responsible for slavery. I think we got more than even when we leveled just about all of Japan.

I am not saying that all Toyota's are better than Fords. I wouldn't take any Toyota car for my stang. But I wouldn't take any Ford truck for my Tundra.

I have to go turn some wrenches, Dad told me to "LOL Dougie".
Later

beefcake
04-15-2007, 02:14 PM
if i'm not mistaken, either the camry or the accord last year had more recalls by itself than the entire ford line

funny thing is, since it's toyota, people overlook it lol

BigBadStang
04-15-2007, 04:49 PM
if i'm not mistaken, either the camry or the accord last year had more recalls by itself than the entire ford line

funny thing is, since it's toyota, people overlook it lol

you are right Terry!

just like the odometer lawsuit honda just settled. if it were any of the 3 US automakers, it would be on the news DAILY.
i seen where nissan is being sued in a similar case.
a lot of foreign auto makers have many problems that dont get disclosed, and are fixed by the dealerships on an "as needed" basis (campaigns they are called).

i dont recall a US auto maker ever having to buy back a model of car.
but, nissan bought back every van they built back in the early 90's. after they bought them back, they scraaped every one of them. too many major problems to be feasible to repair...mainly fires...we used to have demo derby's out in the back lot with them before they would come and haul them off to the crusher!! :)

'92Stang
04-15-2007, 06:55 PM
I am not saying that all Toyota's are better than Fords. I wouldn't take any Toyota car for my stang. But I wouldn't take any Ford truck for my Tundra.

I'll make ya a deal. You bring me your Tundra for 30 days, and you can use my superduty powerstroke. Tundras are good for hauling mulch, boats, or wheelbarrels full of gravel. Let me hook the Toy to a 12 horse stock trailer 3 times a week and haul the horses to Charleston, W.V., or lexington, KY. Then once the horses are unloaded I'll hook my 16' drag with a bobcat and several implements and haul that around for the rest of the work week. We'll see how well it pulls on some hills in the mountains. Deal?????????:D

Foxxx5oh
04-15-2007, 08:07 PM
Guys, read dedpedal's sig, then comment.

It opens minds and ideas.

"Yes, white man, help us propser and seed our crops, your free from religious/government persecution." which is why the Mayflower landed here.

skip forward a few generations

"Yes mexican laborer, help us pick our crop and escape from you shitty country, we won't send you back. Your child born here, it is American!"

Our forefathers (immigrants) came to this land and forced the "natives" around. We put them on "resevations" if we didn't slaughter their whole tribe (town).........

Now the Latinio immigrants are doing what we did to the Indians, or as we call them, Natives. Natives means this was their land that we OVERRAN and declared it ours!

Check down to base, Mexicans are just Indians, they trying to reclaim where their forefathers hunted before the Ice Age which forced them southward.

Kev, Beleze (sp) sounds like a good idea. You tint, I do transmissions, be only need a engine guy and a body guy (Plated!) to take over!

mexicans are proof that the indians fucked buffalo!!!

93lincolnmk8
04-16-2007, 12:17 AM
I'll make ya a deal. You bring me your Tundra for 30 days, and you can use my superduty powerstroke. Tundras are good for hauling mulch, boats, or wheelbarrels full of gravel. Let me hook the Toy to a 12 horse stock trailer 3 times a week and haul the horses to Charleston, W.V., or lexington, KY. Then once the horses are unloaded I'll hook my 16' drag with a bobcat and several implements and haul that around for the rest of the work week. We'll see how well it pulls on some hills in the mountains. Deal?????????:D

Thats exactly what I was thinkin' :D

Stangman
04-16-2007, 12:22 AM
just when this thread was startin to die.... lol!

Maximus
04-16-2007, 12:47 AM
Howd I miss this?? WHOA!!!

Rock on Gene. Keep up the good fight.

Just WHAT THE FUCK IS AMERICANanymore??

Is it the pair of pants bought at Wal-mart? NO those were made in Bangladish.
Is it your Chevy auto? Nope. It was assembled in Canada
Is it your Ford vehicle/ Nope that has hundreds of parts made in many other coutries.

Do you wanna fly somewhere? Hell, pick up the phone and talk to Rahif in India and he will help you with your reservations.

Oh but wait...I need to fill up my tank. Rahifs cousin owns the local gas station.

Need a new set of valve covers for your old Mopar? I have a set in stock..American made, $89. Over seas made, $39

So what is American made???

And What the Fuck is up with everyone going to Spanish Advertising? Excuse me. This is America, we use to have people coming hear wanting to better their lives. But now they just want a Free ride......YAAA to our current leaders who are sellling us all out.

RE_VO _FUCKIN_LUTION!!! or we can continue to be Lemmings:(

Discuss, Ill be here all week:popcorn:

Stangman
04-16-2007, 12:51 AM
I'm surpirsed that this thread hasnt quite made it into the whippin room yet... guess no one has been threatened yet..... still refreshing to see a nice Maximus rant tho, lol!

Maximus
04-16-2007, 12:53 AM
Oh I have plenty of rants. They just havent made it to the keyboard.

Yet:cool1:

Gene
04-16-2007, 01:09 AM
Howd I miss this?? WHOA!!!

Rock on Gene. Keep up the good fight.

Just WHAT THE FUCK IS AMERICANanymore??

Is it the pair of pants bought at Wal-mart? NO those were made in Bangladish.
Is it your Chevy auto? Nope. It was assembled in Canada
Is it your Ford vehicle/ Nope that has hundreds of parts made in many other coutries.

Do you wanna fly somewhere? Hell, pick up the phone and talk to Rahif in India and he will help you with your reservations.

Oh but wait...I need to fill up my tank. Rahifs cousin owns the local gas station.

Need a new set of valve covers for your old Mopar? I have a set in stock..American made, $89. Over seas made, $39

So what is American made???

lol...well said, Craig.

I'm proud that the clothes I wore today were actually made in the USA (American Apparel t-shirt, Lucky Brand jeans). But I paid about triple for each item than what a comparative Chinese-made shirt and jeans cost at Wal-Mart. :)

And What the Fuck is up with everyone going to Spanish Advertising? Excuse me. This is America, we use to have people coming hear wanting to better their lives. But now they just want a Free ride......YAAA to our current leaders who are sellling us all out.

Are you talking about the "Radio para Gran Americanos" billboards? That's "Radio for Great Americans" in Spanish...it's an ad for 700wlw and Bill Cunningham's show. ;)

93lincolnmk8
04-16-2007, 01:15 AM
Are you talking about the "Radio para Gran Americanos" billboards? That's "Radio for Great Americans" in Spanish...it's an ad for 700wlw and Bill Cunningham's show. ;)

Radio for great AMERICANS...in spanish :confused: You cant be serious

Gene
04-16-2007, 01:17 AM
Radio for great AMERICANS...in spanish :confused: You cant be serious

:HYF:

Listen to Cunnigham's show sometime and you'll understand. It's a joke. Like the one's for Mike McConnell that said "God Listens".

Maximus
04-16-2007, 01:20 AM
lol...well said, Craig.

Thanks guy.

I will pay someone $100 CASH to Spray paint....."SPEAK ENGLISH" on that billboard. Im serious too.:angel:

93lincolnmk8
04-16-2007, 01:27 AM
Listen to Cunnigham's show sometime and you'll understand. It's a joke. Like the one's for Mike McConnell that said "God Listens".

Bill Cunningham? Cant say ive ever heard of him. Is that some kind of a yuppie radio show?

Foxxx5oh
04-16-2007, 01:59 AM
nope, you should give him a listen sometime! i listen to him when i need a good laugh

Maximus
04-16-2007, 02:13 AM
So whom am I going to pay $100 too?

Nancies:HYF:

Foxxx5oh
04-16-2007, 02:14 AM
damnit...i just got back into indy tonight too...oh well...

mach_u
04-16-2007, 07:55 AM
Bill Cunningham? Cant say ive ever heard of him. Is that some kind of a yuppie radio show?
700WLW 12:20pm-3:00. Good conservative guy. Pretty funny too! :bigthumb

BigBadStang
04-16-2007, 08:16 AM
you guys are right...it is a global economy now. but in my mind, you have to follow the money. toyotas, hondas, nissans, and even hyundais ASSEMBLED here in the USA, but the corporate money goes to other countries.and odds are, they arent paying their share of taxes that most others pay(abatements and exemptions granted by fed and local govt's in exchange for building here).
i am not 100&#37; on buying from American companies, but i make a conscious effort to try when ever possible. and yes i will pay more for it, but thats my choice, and i choose to support this country's corporations as best i can.

when the chinese army comes-a-marching...to whom will john q. public point the finger?
i worry more for my kids futures in this world than my own.

Gene
04-16-2007, 09:47 AM
I make an effort to buy American, but like Craig pointed out, just because you're buying an American company doesn't mean it was made in America.

Examples:
Dodge Ram - Made in Mexico
Ford Fusion - Made in Mexico
Chevy Suburban - Made in Mexico
The Ralph Lauren Suit I'm wearing today - Made in Canada
My Motorola (Chicago-based company) RAZR - Made in China

Even the Camaro was built in Canada for the last 15 years of it's production...

On the flip side:
Honda Accord - Marysville, OH.
Toyota Camry - Georgetown, KY
BMW 325i - Spartansville, SC
Mercedes ML500 - Tuscaloosa, Alabama
Hyundai Sonata - Montgomery, Alabama

If you're stressing about the "blue collar workers", which one do you buy? The company that employs American executives, or the company that employs American autoworkers? It becomes a tough call. Honestly, I'd rather buy a product that's built here by a company headquartered abroad than an "American" company who produces everything offshore.

I think the Fusion being built in Mexico is the one that pisses me off. The Mazda6, which is built on the same platform as the Fusion, is built in Flat Rock, Michigan (the same plant they build the Mustang at). Why do they build the Mazda6 here and the Fusion in Mexico?

93lincolnmk8
04-16-2007, 09:59 AM
The Pearl Harbor argument, that was 66 years ago. You can't hold the current generation accountable any more than our generation can be held responsible for slavery. I think we got more than even when we leveled just about all of Japan.

They attacked us once, what makes you think that they wont do it again? Us buying their cars only gives their government more power.

'92Stang
04-16-2007, 10:04 AM
They attacked us once, what makes you think that they wont do it again? Us buying their cars only gives their government more power.

Pssst...Matt....They don't have a military:D

Gene
04-16-2007, 10:05 AM

Then I'd be concerned about buying cars from Michigan too...they attacked us once. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ohio-Michigan_War) :D

If you don't buy products from companies based or manufactured in countries that we've fought wars with in the past, you're not going to find much out there that you can buy.

93lincolnmk8
04-16-2007, 10:06 AM
Pssst...Matt....They don't have a military:D

They have allies!!!

Stangman
04-16-2007, 10:07 AM
Wow, i miss a lot when i go to sleep, lol!

And Craig....you get me a boom truck and a can of lime green spray paint and i think we can work sumtin out.... :D

93lincolnmk8
04-16-2007, 10:07 AM
Then I'd be concerned about buying cars from Michigan too...they attacked us once. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ohio-Michigan_War) :D

Bloodless war!!!

'92Stang
04-16-2007, 10:09 AM
They have allies!!!

Were one of 'em:bigthumb

Gene
They have allies!!!

Yes. The United States.

You really need to take a course in geopolitical economics.

DeckerEnt
Didn't this thread start with something about a nascar driver involved in a roll over crash or something??
Keith

93lincolnmk8
04-16-2007, 10:10 AM
Were one of 'em:bigthumb

Until the first nuke hits.

Gene
04-16-2007, 10:15 AM
Until the first nuke hits.

Wow, dude. You're well past delusional.

The Japanese do not have nuclear weapons. They have nuclear power plants, but they are one of the biggest promoters of Nuclear Non-proliferation Treaties.

If you're going to be concerned about nuclear weapons, I would suggest be way more paranoid about the risk from China.

BigBadStang
04-16-2007, 10:15 AM
Didn't this thread start with something about a nascar driver involved in a roll over crash or something??
Keith

bwaaahaaaa!!!

right on brutha!!

maybe i should threaten someone, to get it put on "lock down"...lmao!

'92Stang
04-16-2007, 10:20 AM
Keith

Maybe it was an act of terrorism by waltrip. He was driving a nuclear powered toyota, trying to take out americans on the side of the road, getting serviced by gordon. When the police went to his house, he was in the shower getting the radiation cleaned off;)

93lincolnmk8
04-16-2007, 10:21 AM
Keith

Yup :D Then I voiced my opinion about toyota in nascar and struck a nerve in a couple people.

93lincolnmk8
04-16-2007, 10:23 AM
If you're going to be concerned about nuclear weapons, I would suggest be way more paranoid about the risk from China.

And to think that there is talk of importing a line of vehicles from china :mad:

MrsAPE
04-16-2007, 12:55 PM
Maybe it was an act of terrorism by waltrip. He was driving a nuclear powered toyota, trying to take out americans on the side of the road, getting serviced by gordon. When the police went to his house, he was in the shower getting the radiation cleaned off;)

:rofl: :bigthumb

Maximus
04-16-2007, 01:59 PM
WAL-MART IS THE DEVIL!!!:lol:

Black Horse
04-16-2007, 02:44 PM
And to think that there is talk of importing a line of vehicles from china :mad:

It's more than just talk......Even the strong Japanese based auto industry is in fear of what happens to the economy when Chinese manufactured vehicles come on-line. If their quality holds strong (nothing to say it won't) you'll be able to buy a car like the Fusion for HALF the cost.

And before you argue the quality angle - take note of the Korean based Kia - very high quality marks - started out a bit rough, but they have REALLY improved.

Speaking of Korea (well the North part).....THAT's where you want to be afraid of a errant nuclear launch. Some folks seem to think they are using nukes to gain some trade agreements, etc......but one of those goofballs is just crazy enough to hit the button. (I hope its pointed at China)

Hey Craig - I'll pay a $100 just to watch you spray paint the billboard!

Foxxx5oh
04-16-2007, 06:16 PM
Wow, dude. You're well past delusional.

The Japanese do not have nuclear weapons. They have nuclear power plants, but they are one of the biggest promoters of Nuclear Non-proliferation Treaties.

yeah, Hiroshima and Nagasaki woke them up a little bit...

Foxxx5oh
04-16-2007, 06:18 PM
It's more than just talk......Even the strong Japanese based auto industry is in fear of what happens to the economy when Chinese manufactured vehicles come on-line. If their quality holds strong (nothing to say it won't) you'll be able to buy a car like the Fusion for HALF the cost.

And before you argue the quality angle - take note of the Korean based Kia - very high quality marks - started out a bit rough, but they have REALLY improved.

Speaking of Korea (well the North part).....THAT's where you want to be afraid of a errant nuclear launch. Some folks seem to think they are using nukes to gain some trade agreements, etc......but one of those goofballs is just crazy enough to hit the button. (I hope its pointed at China)

Hey Craig - I'll pay a $100 just to watch you spray paint the billboard!

Korean cars have come a looooong way, i (purposefully) bought my 2005 Elantra knowing that Hyundai has a quality product for a lot less than the Jap cars or other similarly sized American cars...not to mention the warranty...

dedpedal
04-16-2007, 06:29 PM
As I sit here reading all this about nuclear bombs, I cant help but look at my dinner of 2 double cheesburgers with Spincter Slicer hot sauce, onion chips and a fish sandwich to chase the taste away and think.... "Hey, I might be onto something in the personal body armor industry."

Black Horse
04-16-2007, 08:08 PM
As I sit here reading all this about nuclear bombs, I cant help but look at my dinner of 2 double cheesburgers with Spincter Slicer hot sauce, onion chips and a fish sandwich to chase the taste away and think.... "Hey, I might be onto something in the personal body armor industry."

Or at least skunk repellant :eek: :lol:

DeckerEnt
04-17-2007, 12:38 AM
OK..I am digging my bunker this weekend. Who wants to come over and help? I will save you a spot when the bombs start to fall...
LOL
Keith

Stangman
04-17-2007, 02:11 AM
WAL-MART IS THE DEVIL!!!:lol:

Then what would Sam's Club be???

Foxxx5oh
04-17-2007, 03:25 AM
the devils advocate?

02mingryGT
04-17-2007, 08:07 AM
You know, nobody bother to update this past weeks action at Texas. Mikey didn't make it AGAIN due to qualifying getting rained out. So maybe this week he'll take out the chopper drunk....

As far as all the other foreign policy comments brought up I think you guys need to understand you live in the world's only remaining superpower so attacks by other countries would be useless and would result in a conclusion that would resemble a turkey shoot. Now some of you will immediately argue "what about the Chinese or Russians?" They don't have economies that are able to support a military that is as advanced as our own and feed their people at the same time. Reagan proved that in the 80's. We are years ahead of other countries in R&D and it would take hundreds and hundreds of trillions of dollars they don't have to catch up. Money makes the world go around and the Islamic terrorists are aware of that fact as well which is why the World Trade Center was targeted. You could kill a lot more people flying jumbo jets into stadiums if that was the goal. And the more China's economy is tied into our own the less of a threat they become. The more students of their's that come here for college the more they will inch towards democracy. Freedom is an enticing elixir and is why the political and religious tyrants hate us and always will.

So IMO, the standards, freedoms and overall quality of life that we enjoy is not only an American peoples right but one of humanity's. If that means spreading the wealth then by all means spread it. Bound to be more peaceful that way.

Foxxx5oh
04-17-2007, 08:56 AM
**this post, as well as the computer it was typed on, was made in China...