Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
Anyone ever seen these? [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Anyone ever seen these?

BigBadStang
03-29-2007, 01:52 AM
they look to be a bit pricey, but it is a neat concept.
Click Here! (http://www.ststurbo.com/mustang_installation_pics)

WHYTRY
03-29-2007, 07:07 AM
Id worry about boost leaks.

Da Natti
03-29-2007, 08:15 AM
I don't like the idea of having my air filters behind the wheel just incase you happen to get stuck in the rain!

Black Horse
03-29-2007, 08:35 AM
This company must have stock in exhaust tubing. I would have to go back to my fluid mechanics text book to do some calculations, but from first glance I would have to say that this system will not be as effective as the more conventional designs (significant areas for power/pressure loss and flow issues).

Timido
03-29-2007, 08:46 AM
I saw a Drag Radial Camero that had a system like that. I would guess it was a 8 second car.

Black Hole
03-29-2007, 08:55 AM
This company must have stock in exhaust tubing. I would have to go back to my fluid mechanics text book to do some calculations, but from first glance I would have to say that this system will not be as effective as the more conventional designs (significant areas for power/pressure loss and flow issues).

They "claim" only a loss of 1 PSI with all of that extra distance to travel, but cooler intake temps. :rolleyes:

I for one, wouldn't feel comfortable having my intake behind the majority of the car......forget ever driving in any kind of moisture. PLUS, I would think that it would be a HELL of alot easier to steal the turbo's with them being back there. :dunno:

JMO.

85_SS_302_Coupe
03-29-2007, 08:57 AM
I really wouldn't want turbos that close to the ground or anywhere around the tires like that.

RACEME
03-29-2007, 09:53 AM
The other pain is the oiling system that those require.

holeshot
03-29-2007, 10:21 AM
447 hp at the wheels, not too bad...but for almost 8K!
They installed that same system on an episode of Horsepower on Spike TV in around 2 hours!

Rob
03-29-2007, 10:40 AM
Intake pipes run under the rearend :tard: :dummy: :screwy:
Are you serious?

93hulk
03-29-2007, 10:50 AM
There was a LS1 SS Camaro at Tri State last year with one of these kits on it and it was running high 12's LOL. I wasnt impressed! I dont think they work all that great but they do sound cool.

08 Vette
03-29-2007, 11:25 AM
They make kits for Vettes too!

Tim

85_SS_302_Coupe
03-29-2007, 03:55 PM
HEY!

Maybe i can mount a Novi under my car and run a belt off the drive shaft.... :tard:

Walter
03-29-2007, 04:57 PM
Holy hoseclamps! Looks like a pain in the ass to me.

Smithr66
03-29-2007, 05:10 PM
Apparently horsepower TV did a review on these and they loved it. I would think there would be major turbo lag.

Gene
03-29-2007, 05:23 PM
They make kits for Vettes too!

I could see putting something like that on a Vette...there's so little room underhood, putting them in the back could help with heat and space issues.

But on a Mustang, where there is a ton of space for turbos, why bother?

Black92LX
03-29-2007, 05:27 PM
Apparently horsepower TV did a review on these and they loved it. I would think there would be major turbo lag.

That's the advertising money speaking!!!!!!!!!

Doesn't water get into your engine with the filter mounted down low?
No, every kit includes either a snorkel kit which locates the air filter high in the rear quarter panel or an air filter shield. We also include an Outerwears Dry Charger which is a "sock" that protects the filter under very dusty or wet conditions. The only thing you don't want to do is completely submerge the filter. This would draw water through the filter and into the intake tubing. For most vehicles that would mean you would have water coming in your doors before you'd have a problem with the turbo's air filter.
Still a major concern in my book

bestracing
03-29-2007, 05:52 PM
From the guys that have them installed on other sights I haven't heard too many complaints but then again they are not shooting for a dirty dozen either. Last year we went on the Muscle Car Road Rally and there was a GTO that had an STS system on it. Like others said it sounded real cool but I have no idea how it performed at the track.

WHYTRY
04-01-2007, 09:01 PM
just think your going to get rubber, mud and all the dirt off the road on 8k dollars worth of a turbo kit. i think id spend my money on somthing more effective. i know you will lose more than 1lb of boost with the turbos being at the rear of a car rather than being up front. every bend you are losing power. its like a cold air intake which is better a bbk fender mount or a anderson power pipe? the power pipe will be more effective.. just my 2 cents.