Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
UMTR...Is it worth it??? [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : UMTR...Is it worth it???

MADMOD
03-26-2007, 07:45 PM
Well I have been thinking allittle bit here lately and I was wondering is it worth it for me to enter UMTR points race if I am going to miss all the races that are not at Edgewater? I am leaning more towards No but I thought I would see what you guys/ladies thought

Thanks

mustang8998
03-26-2007, 07:52 PM
I'd say, DO IT! You don't have to run the series, just when and where you want. Everybody I know that races in these, has a blast. It is bracket style format, so a consistent car and driver, can do well.

I don't race in UMTR, they seem to think my C-4, is an auto. :lol:

jlt2006
03-26-2007, 09:31 PM
Let's put it this way. The South stick champ only raced here at edgewater. (I believe) She did not go to Muncie (two races). But with IRP being added, that makes two less races here.

But that put aside, it was fun most of the time at these races. Met alot of good people there.

You also don't have to join to race. Just show up, pay your money at the gate, sign in at the UMTR tent and enjoy the races.
You just need to join if your running for points.

So IMO, do it.

95redstang
03-26-2007, 09:34 PM
Well I have been thinking allittle bit here lately and I was wondering is it worth it for me to enter UMTR points race if I am going to miss all the races that are not at Edgewater? I am leaning more towards No but I thought I would see what you guys/ladies thought

Thanks

Have you ever bracket raced? Do you just do test&tune?

ponymom05
03-26-2007, 10:54 PM
I have a very one-sided positive opinion about UMTR. First year racing, great bunch of people, had an awesome time. Never won a race, but always felt welcome. The money/prizes could be good if you get into the top one or two each time, (never got there myself). I placed 6th in Street Stick, not bad for a newbie. I believe the UMTR group is a fantastic bunch of people. Always a handshake (or a hug for the ladies) from the guys in charge, I don't think they ever met a stranger. The Street Stick class is fairly new, but they are always trying to make improvements. I think this year will be the best yet. We get to race at Indy 2x, Columbus, and Muncie 2x. Last year a few of us went to Thompson, near Cleveland. I see no reason not to do it. I know I'm looking forward to it again! Hope to see you there!

bobtsgt
03-26-2007, 11:31 PM
just do it man. I plan on doing some event this year

92coupe
03-26-2007, 11:34 PM
Hell Yeah Do it! It's the most fun you can have with your pants on!!

Rustanggt98
03-26-2007, 11:36 PM
UMTR is a good time, I won the last event two years ago, and Basz had put up a $50 prize for the winner, well he backed out, and even after I had told Karl not to worry about it, he sent me a check for the $50 out of UMTR's own pocket. GREAT people, and they do their best to make everything right for the racers, and i know they aren't banking off of this either. That will always stand out as true class in my eyes. :bigthumb

Gene
03-27-2007, 12:05 AM
I say do it. It's supporting local grassroots drag racing. I will only be able to make the Edgewater events as well, but I'm going to run them anyway. Hell, if nothing else, Craig's putting up a Cincy Speed gift card for the win.

It's only a bit more expensive that just going to Test-and-tune, and it's a lot more fun.

95redstang
03-27-2007, 12:38 AM

Thanks

I didn't run in any of them last year but I had a good time watching..It was pretty fun..I plan on running a few at e2o if my car gets done this year.
If you have ever bracket raced, did you do it all year long or just once or twice..Kind of the same thing....

Mista Bone
03-27-2007, 12:57 AM
I went to the finals last year at Edgewaterto watch having never been on a bracket night, everything was well ran, everyone was nice and helpful.

I'm hooked.

Main thing right now is getting windshield replaced (big crack from 4-5 years ago) and prepping the LSD tranny.

firestang70
03-27-2007, 08:42 AM
I will be a rookie this year and really looking forward to it.

MADMOD
03-27-2007, 08:49 AM
Thanks for the replies! I am going to run UMTR for sure but I was wondering is it worth it for me to try and run for points or should I just go for the races and try and win. I went to the Nat's last year and had a blast even though I did get put out first round. Damn 3rd gear!

mach_u
03-27-2007, 09:01 AM
I had a blast when I went. If nothing else usually the track is really well prepped and you can get some good times in for TnT. That's when I got my best time last year. The only thing that sucks is the waiting. You get there at noon or so and leave close to midnight!! Bring a football to toss around or something between runs.

MADMOD
03-27-2007, 09:14 AM
Yea that is for sure! Anyone that has not been to race yet, bring food, drinks, and a seat! I showed up last year with none of the above and about starved to death until the food stand opened at 2:30.

Mista Bone
03-27-2007, 02:36 PM
With my current job, I wouldn't get to the track till 4:15-4:30, likely only one, MAYBE two runs, then start elims.

Like Cracker said, it's only $20 to run, like just $15 to get in the gate. $5 you get to make 4 passes on a prepped track.

93cobra
03-27-2007, 03:49 PM
Do it...Its a blast! I'll be at all of them except unfortunately the first one this coming weekend.

I have to bite my tounge "stay focused on priorities" & take my falcon to columbus for the ford swap to give someone one hell of a deal. my cobra project seems to chalk up another grand on the total cost list every 3 days.. and the problem is that it has been increasing at that rate for the past 2 months!!!!..the falcon has to go!