Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
Hit on Mall Rd and 18 in Florence [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Hit on Mall Rd and 18 in Florence

HDmstng
03-24-2007, 12:50 AM
Was making a left hand turn (I had the green) and a guy ran the red light, it was 4 door Mazda 626, old and boxy.. We were nearly parallel and he did swerve, but the passenger front quarter panel has been hit and my rim is actually scratched as well. He stopped and I have a police report, guy didn't get cited for running the red light though. Looking back at it now, could have been a lot worse if I had been a little farther through the intersection.

It happened at ~1130 PM Friday night turning left onto 18 from Mall Rd. One car behind me was a Grabber Orange Mustang, 2004 or prior model, nice sounding exhaust with a cool hood scoop. I believe you had turned around and drove back by but didn't stop (I should have flagged you down). If you are reading this or know of someone with a car like that, could you drop me a line, always nice to have an extra witness just in case.

Any suggestions on a good body shop too?

DeckerEnt
03-24-2007, 12:56 AM
Damn...You got lucky. Hope no one was hurt. Best of luck with it.
Keith

HDmstng
03-24-2007, 01:02 AM
Yeah, we both were okay, physically at least. He felt really bad about it, even said his dad has a yellow '04 GT too.

beefcake
03-24-2007, 07:29 AM
you say you were making a left hand turn and he came from straight ahead and hit you?

if thats the case and he didn't get cited your insurance company will be handling it

thats the biotch about left hand turns, gotta to be 100% they are stopped

HDmstng
03-24-2007, 08:02 AM
you say you were making a left hand turn and he came from straight ahead and hit you?

if thats the case and he didn't get cited your insurance company will be handling it

thats the biotch about left hand turns, gotta to be 100% they are stopped

I wasn't very clear in my original post, I was making the left and he was coming from my right. He was already headed in that direction when I was turning left. If I had been going straight through the intersection instead of turning left, he would have T-boned me in my passenger side. A little faster on my part getting through the intersection I would have been rear ended.

beefcake
03-24-2007, 08:39 AM
I wasn't very clear in my original post, I was making the left and he was coming from my right. He was already headed in that direction when I was turning left. If I had been going straight through the intersection instead of turning left, he would have T-boned me in my passenger side. A little faster on my part getting through the intersection I would have been rear ended.

how come he did not receive a citation?

dedpedal
03-24-2007, 08:46 AM
how come he did not receive a citation?

Ky laws are different from Ohio.

Maximus
03-24-2007, 08:57 AM
Ky laws are more Fu-ked up than different from Ohio.

I fixed it:lol:

OrangeStang04
03-24-2007, 09:08 AM

Very True!!

dedpedal
03-24-2007, 09:26 AM

The same could be said about that hell hole thats across the river. I got cited when I got hit and the other car ran.

Maximus
03-24-2007, 09:36 AM
The same could be said about that hell hole thats across the river. I got cited when I got hit and the other car ran.

Dont be Ugly.:HYF:

orangedemon331
03-24-2007, 02:49 PM
Dont be Ugly.:HYF:

I love the pic, That will be one stang to remember!!

Maximus
03-24-2007, 11:46 PM
I love the pic, That will be one stang to remember!!

It will be out again, just a bit different and FASTER:angel:

HDmstng
03-26-2007, 09:31 AM
Uggh, my insurance adjusted tried calling the other guys insurance and the policy number isn't right (I got the # from the police officer) and they couldn't find the guys name in the system either! I'm hoping this is just a clerical error...

With all that, it would be great if I could find they guy in the orange mustang that was a car length behind me and in the other lane. The color and body of his Mustang was like the orange in Maximus' sig, and he had a scoop on the hood. I'm pretty sure it was a forward facing scoop, as I recall seeing the opening in my rear view mirror while waiting for the light. We were in KY, so probably has KY plates. Also pretty sure he turned around and swung by to take a look but didn't stop.

If you know who this guy maybe, could you let me know so I can contact him, or if you are reading this, drop me a line!

Thanks!

untamed
03-26-2007, 04:33 PM
It might be Nick, (Orangestang04). He has a really nice orange one with a nice hood, he also lives in KY if im not mistaken.

MADMOD
03-26-2007, 05:10 PM
I am in florence all the time I will look for an orange Stang. Could it have been red? There are a couple of red ones in this area

OrangeStang04
03-26-2007, 09:08 PM
It might be Nick, (Orangestang04). He has a really nice orange one with a nice hood, he also lives in KY if im not mistaken.

Wasn't me... I haven't been in the Florence area for a few weeks... that and I don't have the Cobra R hood anymore...

HDmstng
03-31-2007, 10:35 PM
Thanks for keeping an eye out for the orange Mustang. Good news was I got the police report and while he wasn't cited, it did list...
1) Disregard for traffic signal.
2) Failure to yield.
3) Driver inattention.

Pops Fun
04-01-2007, 07:18 AM
Thanks for keeping an eye out for the orange Mustang. Good news was I got the police report and while he wasn't cited, it did list...
1) Disregard for traffic signal.
2) Failure to yield.
3) Driver inattention.

Sounds like you don't have a problem:bigthumb

HDmstng
04-01-2007, 08:54 PM
Will finally have a chance to get some estimates this week on the repairs. Thought I'd go ahead and get these louvers and have them painted and installed at the same time. :coo1:

http://www.silverhorseracing.com/webstore/images/pi_16141.jpeg

Still kicking around the idea of a Xenon ducktail spoiler, rear bumper add-on, and a blackout panel on the trunk. Need to decide soon. Here's a pic of the possible combo.

bestracing
04-02-2007, 01:26 PM
I perfer the lovers in the top photo over the ones below it.

It's your car do what makes you happy. :bigthumb

beefcake
04-02-2007, 02:10 PM
I perfer the lovers in the top photo over the ones below it.

It's your car do what makes you happy. :bigthumb

yep, i've been thinking about the ones in the top photo as well, very sharp

HDmstng
04-02-2007, 05:23 PM
It's definitely the ones in the top photo, from silverhorseracing.com. In fact, as soon as I finish this post, I'll be placing the order.

In the bottom picture I was just using ponybuilder to get an overall look, they don't offer those louvers. I'm leaning on just sticking with the louvers, maybe just having the trunk part painted black instead of a taped on plastic piece.

On a side note, heard from the other guys insurance agent today. The kids dad called in to report the accident a week later and told the agent it wasn't his kids fault...guess he hadn't read the police report!

MADMOD
04-02-2007, 08:53 PM
Good! I am glad everything worked out for ya....and for the other guy:HYF: