Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
New Chainsaw! [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : New Chainsaw!

TZ250
03-19-2007, 10:07 PM
My wife surprised me last Friday. She bought this for me as a surprise! :)

She had overheard me calling dealers for prices. She only remembered that it was a Stihl, it had a decompression valve and remembered the price. The salesman remembered the call and selected the correct model.

What a cool saw. It never strains under load, uses very little bar oil and starts on the first pull. It's more saw than I need, which is just right. It has two features that I really wanted, a forged connecting rod with roller bearing and a decompression valve. (long live two strokes:D )

http://www.stihl.us/chainsaws/MS390.html

I have a good saw, but a great wife!

BTW, in case you're wondering, she does not read this forum.

tangerinebeast
03-19-2007, 10:17 PM
boo buy a husqvarna jk we sell them at my work

looks like a nice present man

not bad saws either

BadBirdLT1
03-19-2007, 10:19 PM
Those are good saws but Jonesred are the shit if you dont mind the price. LOL

My father-in-law has a shop and only sells Jonesred

Still good Stihl LOL

RACEME
03-20-2007, 04:38 AM
I have a Jonesred, but I like the stihl saws better for most cutting. The only thing I dislike about stihl saws is the compression. They can be tough to start when you are on a ladder doing any kind of trimming.

PonymanfiveO
03-20-2007, 10:51 AM
Nice saw!

Now you can come over to Hollys one day and help us get those limbs away from her neighbors house. ;)

ibstrokin
03-20-2007, 03:57 PM
I bet your new saw works better than my 19.2v craftsman sawzall,lol

TZ250
03-20-2007, 08:37 PM
The only thing I dislike about stihl saws is the compression. They can be tough to start when you are on a ladder doing any kind of trimming.

I agree. One of my favorite features of this saw is the decompression valve. It will start on the first pull while the saw is in the air (holding the main handle with my left hand, pull start with the right hand). :)

TZ250
03-20-2007, 08:41 PM
I bet your new saw works better than my 19.2v craftsman sawzall,lol

Bring it over, we'll race. :D

Speaking of cordless tools, my wife just bought a cordless chainsaw for her to use. It's an 18V Black & Decker. It works better than I thought it would. A 2.5" diameter branch takes about five seconds to cut. We have two batteries for it because of the B&D rebate (free battery).

The plan is for me to do the heavy work with the Stihl, while she does the trimming and prepares the wood for the fire pit.

Rick93coupe
03-20-2007, 08:56 PM
Nice saw Rob, I've used a lot of stihls and Husky's when I worked at Asplundh. They didn't have the decompression valve back in the day, that would have been nice.

TZ250
03-20-2007, 09:46 PM
Here they are: His and Hers chainsaws.

http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o267/TZ250_Fanatic/General/25056ed0.jpg

frey_gt
03-21-2007, 09:01 AM
Nice saw Rob, I've used a lot of stihls and Husky's when I worked at Asplundh. They didn't have the decompression valve back in the day, that would have been nice.

I was going to say the same thing. When I worked for Asplundh we used Stihl's and Echo's. The big 460 Stihl's has the decompression valve and those bastards are still are hard to pull.

TZ250
03-30-2007, 10:54 PM
You chainsaw fans might like this. It's obviously written by a Stihl fan.

Jerk of the cord, the unmistakable squeal,
I have unleashed the beast, the beast my Stihl.
My happiness I will not try to conceal,
Running through the woods, pure zeal.
With flapjacks in my gut, a good meal,
Mighty oaks I now begin to peel.
Engineering beyond that of my automobile,
The chain is spinning, the turn of the wheel.
Chips and shavings, broken is the seal,
Euphoric ecstasy, this is my ideal.
Work boots and skidders, to some not appeal,
Vibrations through my arms, I feel.
The woods now a vast desert, feeling surreal,
All due to my chainsaw, it is unreal.