Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
N KY is semi-safe again... [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : N KY is semi-safe again...

ponymom05
03-16-2007, 09:28 PM
...I brought the truck & trailer back home in the same condition it left in! It's safe to drive again in the Alexandria/Cold Spring area! I had my first lesson in trailer towing 101 tonite. I didn't do too bad, we did the empty trailer thing first, then the son got brave and we put the car on it and I drove around. All I can say is GET OUTTA MY WAY when I have to back up. I have a bad feeling when I go to the track alone, I will be the last one there, cause I'll have to wait until everyone else leaves so I don't hit anything backing out!! Never too old to learn new tricks!

Carl
03-16-2007, 09:37 PM
Make sure your the first one there and the last one out and you will never have to back it up....:lol:

Just remember one thing I always remember when backing. Turn the steering wheel the opposite way you want the trailer to go.

ponymom05
03-16-2007, 09:45 PM
Maybe I should just hire a driver for when Craigels has to work :lol:

Seriously, I'm gonna give it my best shot. I can drive the beast and not trailer it, but hey, I already own the trailer so why not use it. Plus, I don't really want to drive it to Indy and the other out of town places.

If all else fails I'll play the helpless girl card and ask some guy to back up the rig for me!!! Just remember, if you see me coming, watch out, it could get ugly :eek:

95redstang
03-16-2007, 09:47 PM
It's not that hard...Just practice..I use to drive double trailers at Coca-Cola...Somebody will help you out if needed...

ponymom05
03-16-2007, 09:52 PM
So far, aside from backing up, the worst part was navigating through all these trees lining my driveway. I see the buzz of a chainsaw in my future! TIMBER!

Carl
03-16-2007, 10:26 PM
So far, aside from backing up, the worst part was navigating through all these trees lining my driveway. I see the buzz of a chainsaw in my future! TIMBER!

I know your driveway...and yes, I can undertand that completely!:lol:

Mista Bone
03-16-2007, 11:59 PM
When backing a trailer, grab the bottom of the steering wheel :)

You also have the option of NOT parking up against the fence, like the grass in the middle on other side of return road.

That allows you to pull in, and then pull out.

ponymom05
03-17-2007, 12:14 PM
Look out world, I'm heading out on my own this afternoon. Have to meet Craigels halfway to E2o when he gets off work. I think I can, I think I can...:eek: