Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
my first turbo, unfortunately it's only a 4cyl with 250rwhp [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : my first turbo, unfortunately it's only a 4cyl with 250rwhp

beefcake
03-15-2007, 01:24 PM
;) headed to cleveland in the morning to pick her up!

http://beef-cake.net/busa2.jpg
http://beef-cake.net/busa3.jpg
http://beef-cake.net/busa4.jpg
http://beef-cake.net/busa1.jpg
http://beef-cake.net/busa5.jpg

MFIELD
03-15-2007, 01:26 PM
You got bigger stones than I do. Good luck with it, looks nice.

DeckerEnt
03-15-2007, 01:29 PM
I would get the full leather suit with as much padding as you can before you ride that one.
Keith

5.0calypso93lx
03-15-2007, 01:35 PM
You got bigger stones than I do. Good luck with it, looks nice.

x2. I bet thats one scary ride!

beefcake
03-15-2007, 01:38 PM
stealing it

guys got over 13k in it

je turbo pistons, custome extended swingarm, air shifter, triple tree, undertail, led tail lights etc...

got to stop at motorheads and get it tuned for pump gas, he said with the 7lb spring it should be around 250rwhp, maybe i'll have him throw the 9lb and do a pump gas tune ;) go for about 280 lol

bobtsgt
03-15-2007, 01:41 PM
oh wow. what the hell are you going to do with this?

R825OH
03-15-2007, 01:43 PM
Scaaaary fast whew, gotta helmet?

RACEME
03-15-2007, 01:45 PM
That is not your first turbo....You have had a powerstroke truck....

Paul408Notch
03-15-2007, 01:45 PM
Dude, I know you've ridden bikes for a long time, but please don't die.

beefcake
03-15-2007, 01:58 PM
That is not your first turbo....You have had a powerstroke truck....

doh, your right, lol

85_SS_302_Coupe
03-15-2007, 02:04 PM
Pretty awesome. Have you seen that Ghostrider guy who has the 500hp Busa?

Black Hole
03-15-2007, 02:08 PM
Dude, I know you've ridden bikes for a long time, but please don't die.

The son of one of my pressmen lost one of his close friends this week when he was killed while on a bike...:(

There's a reason that I'll never own a crotch rocket...

NA/NOTCH
03-15-2007, 02:18 PM
crazy fast i like it,just wear a helmet!!!

beefcake
03-15-2007, 02:25 PM
The son of one of my pressmen lost one of his close friends this week when he was killed while on a bike...:(

There's a reason that I'll never own a crotch rocket...

it can happen anytime, car, bike, dragstrip, etc...

Carl
03-15-2007, 02:33 PM
So...ummm....what's wrong with a 4 cyl turbo?????????

Gene
03-15-2007, 02:51 PM

Exactly. Bikes are safe as long as the person behind the handlebars knows what they're doing.

That thing is awesome, Beefcake. Have fun with it. :smokin:

Black Hole
03-15-2007, 03:02 PM
Very true....but the odds and percentages don't lie.

I've never ridden a crotch rocket, but I don't want to go there.....I'll love the rush, get addicted and I don't need anything else on my list right now. :lol:

With that said, I'll probably have a Harley within the next couple of years so, YES, I'm hypocritical at the same time. :flipoff:

YouGotJunk
03-15-2007, 03:12 PM
Harleys are nice..they even change their own oil if ya let them sit long enough!!!!!!

85_SS_302_Coupe
03-15-2007, 03:14 PM
I don't have much experience on bikes period, but i did ride a Ducati 996 once, both passenger and rider for about a mile by myself....i got it up to about 80mph and had enough...lol.

I grew up one big living scab because of BMX and wrecking all the time....i know my odds of wrecking while on 2 wheels is pretty good so i stay off anything fast enough to kill me.

I did have this wicked bad 1.6hp moped once when i was a kid....lol

Gene
03-15-2007, 03:15 PM
With that said, I'll probably have a Harley within the next couple of years so, YES, I'm hypocritical at the same time.

Yes, because a Harley is SO much safer. :rolleyes:

There is no statistical evidence that you are more likely to die on a sportbike than on a cruiser. However, there is evidence that more fatalities occur now among the 40+ riders (many of whom are new to riding as part of their middle age crisis), and most of those riders buy cruisers. Also, alcohol is a contributing factor in 60% of all motorcycle fatalities, and most fatalities also involve a rider who is not wearing a proper helmet (the little beanie helmets are not proper helmets). Also, most fatalities happen to riders who do not have a motorcycle endorsement.

A sportbike rider wearing proper safety gear, with a license, wearing a helmet and riding sober is at no more risk than an average Harley rider.

kennebellcobra
03-15-2007, 03:20 PM
Thats going to be one fun bike! Makes me miss mine but after doing a wheelie with the wife on the back and seeing her hanging off in the mirror I decided to sell it before I killed her or me:(

5.0calypso93lx
03-15-2007, 03:22 PM

There is no statistical evidence that you are more likely to die on a sportbike than on a cruiser. However, there is evidence that more fatalities occur now among the 40+ riders (many of whom are new to riding as part of their middle age crisis), and most of those riders buy cruisers. Also, alcohol is a contributing factor in 60&#37; of all motorcycle fatalities, and most fatalities also involve a rider who is not wearing a proper helmet (the little beanie helmets are not proper helmets). Also, most fatalities happen to riders who do not have a motorcycle endorsement.

A sportbike rider wearing proper safety gear, with a license, wearing a helmet and riding sober is at no more risk than an average Harley rider.

I think what makes it most dangerous, is retards driving cars, that don't see people riding motorcycles. I'd be much more worried about the mom's in minivans rather than laying a bike down myself.

But I'm with you, if you have the right protective equipment, and some experience, usually there aren't any problems.

Gene
03-15-2007, 03:27 PM
I think what makes it most dangerous, is retards driving cars, that don't see people riding motorcycles. I'd be much more worried about the mom's in minivans rather than laying a bike down myself.

But I'm with you, if you have the right protective equipment, and some experience, usually there aren't any problems.

It used to be. I was just digging through some recent statistics (wanted to be correct before claiming that sportbikes weren't any more dangerous ;) ), and the majority of crashes now involved single bike incidents involving an inexperienced, 40+ year old rider.

I'm with you, I still don't trust cages, but I guess they're not as likely to kill us as they used to. :)

Sharad
03-15-2007, 03:31 PM
awesome!

beefcake
03-15-2007, 03:33 PM
look at gene, mr bike stat man :)

8NO4CYL
03-15-2007, 03:33 PM
Awesome bike! :bigthumb

Black Hole
03-15-2007, 03:35 PM

There is no statistical evidence that you are more likely to die on a sportbike than on a cruiser. However, there is evidence that more fatalities occur now among the 40+ riders (many of whom are new to riding as part of their middle age crisis), and most of those riders buy cruisers. Also, alcohol is a contributing factor in 60% of all motorcycle fatalities, and most fatalities also involve a rider who is not wearing a proper helmet (the little beanie helmets are not proper helmets). Also, most fatalities happen to riders who do not have a motorcycle endorsement.

Without searching for stats....

Which style of bike "goes faster"?
Which style of bike generally makes more power?
Which style of bike will wheelie easier?

That's my point.....I don't need something with only 2 wheels to be faster than my Cobra. :D

HRSEPWR
03-15-2007, 03:45 PM

To comment on this.. I currently own a Harley Sportster with a buell conversion on the engine, so it is fast and fun. I also have a few friends that ride sport bikes and I have ridden them myself and they are a blast to ride (I want one but can't afford both at the moment). My point is that when riding a sport bike, the urge to race and exceed the speed limit is much greater than a Harley. Take it from someone that has ridden both types of bikes, statistics don't mean shit. In my opinion, the chances of me having a wreck on a sport bike over a Harley are significantly greater and I consider myself a very responsible rider. I know that it's not the rider, it's the other driver you need to worry about. But all I'm saying is Harley riders don't race, or speed as much as sport bike riders, which in turn makes a sport bike more dangerous. :angel:

To comment on the bike. That is one badass bike, holy shit that will be dangerously fast, so be careful and let us know how it is.... :bigthumb

Gene
03-15-2007, 03:48 PM
Which style of bike "goes faster"?

Correction: Which has the potential to go faster...but just because it has the potential doesn't mean you have to use it. All women have the potential to be a prostitute, but (most) of them don't use that potential.

Which style of bike generally makes more power?

See "potential" again. Just because you have the power doesn't mean you have to use ALL of it all the time.

Which style of bike will wheelie easier?

My 130hp ZX-9R Ninja had the front wheel off the ground exactly ONCE during the five years I owned it, and that was intentional because my friend wanted a photograph of me wheelieing the bike coming out of turn 11 at Mid-Ohio during a trackday. The front wheel never came off the ground on the street...it's called throttle control. ;)

Also, a sportbike handles much better, which actually makes it easier to avoid an accident. Kind of like the BMW ad from a few years ago..."redefining the term 'unavoidable accident". :D

That's my point.....I don't need something with only 2 wheels to be faster than my Cobra. :D

That is because you are a pussy. :D

An incompetent driver in a Kia is more at risk of hurting themselves than a skilled driver in a Cobra, despite the Cobra having nearly four times the power.

When you get your bike license, I'll let you ride my Ducati sometime and you can see what a real motorcycle is like, instead of a chromed-out posemobile like a Harley. You already have one vehicle that you spend more time polishing than driving...do you really need another? :D :D :D

MFIELD
03-15-2007, 03:53 PM
All these videos that are out with pros doing tricks and all that stuff doesnt help. Young people see that shit and think they can do it anywhere they want to, like in traffic. Thats just stupid. I have a TL1000R and I know its fast and I have seen my brother doing dumb shit on it before I got it, I have no desire to even try. I will stick to just enjoying the ride and work on getting my car to roll on two wheels.:bigthumb

OrangeStang04
03-15-2007, 03:58 PM
Wow... Nice Bike Terry!!

So does this mean the Mustang will become the "slow" ride?

Black Hole
03-15-2007, 03:59 PM
Blah blah blah...

You already have one vehicle that you spend more time polishing than driving...do you really need another? :D :D :D
That's a low blow....:flipoff: I haven't washed the Cobra since the day after Edgewater closed last season (had to get the rubber off the quarters...that'll burn Tim's eyes out when he reads that! :lol: ). She does need a good wash & wax though.

I drive the Cobra every chance I get.....it just happens that's only once a month or so through the winter. I had it out every day it hasn't rained in the past 2 weeks.

HRSEPWR summed up what I was saying. Neither kind of bike is "safe" with all the bad drivers out on the roads.....bottom line.

I guess I look at it like my cars.......am I more likely to do something dumb like go 120+ mph on I-74 in my 4.0 Jeep GC or my 500 rwhp Cobra? "Potential" does mean a lot as far as I'm concerned.

JMO.

(I just may take you up on the Ducati offer though. ;) )

5.0Greaser
03-15-2007, 04:02 PM
Thats one sick scooter :D

93 coupe
03-15-2007, 04:05 PM
Check it over carefully when you get her home!! You can see in one pic that one of the tank bolts are missing!!!:confused: If someone forgot a simple bolt like that it makes you wonder what else was overlooked. But looks sweet never the less!!! :D

Ryan218
03-15-2007, 04:19 PM
I don't have much experience on bikes period, but i did ride a Ducati 996 once, both passenger and rider for about a mile by myself....i got it up to about 80mph and had enough...lol.

I grew up one big living scab because of BMX and wrecking all the time....i know my odds of wrecking while on 2 wheels is pretty good so i stay off anything fast enough to kill me.

I did have this wicked bad 1.6hp moped once when i was a kid....lol

dude me too....

:rockon: http://media.putfile.com/moped-burnout-tomos-ryans-burnout

Smithr66
03-15-2007, 04:34 PM
Thats more bike than I would ever need! I scared myself enough with my CBR 600!

beefcake
03-15-2007, 04:36 PM
Check it over carefully when you get her home!! You can see in one pic that one of the tank bolts are missing!!!:confused: If someone forgot a simple bolt like that it makes you wonder what else was overlooked. But looks sweet never the less!!! :D

it's not all put together, he is finishing the cut on the other plastic for the pipe tonight

i'm actually stopping by the installers tomorrow afternoon to have it tuned for pump gas, he's about 20 mins from the guys house

89notch
03-15-2007, 04:37 PM
You are out of your mind!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jeff88coupe
03-15-2007, 06:08 PM
Damm Terry....I see your trying to get the HP:Weight ratio more in your favor on a bike...but that's just a bit excessive isn't it:) It already have a air shifter? Get your 9 second license on a bike:)

beefcake
03-15-2007, 08:24 PM
Damm Terry....I see your trying to get the HP:Weight ratio more in your favor on a bike...but that's just a bit excessive isn't it:) It already have a air shifter? Get your 9 second license on a bike:)

been 9's on my 180 hp busa's lol :) should go right for the 8's

95redstang
03-15-2007, 08:50 PM
been 9's on my 180 hp busa's lol :) should go right for the 8's

A guy at my old job (Coca-Cola) had a hyabusa with a turbo in it..I think he use to run in the IDBA...He ran 8's ....

95redstang
03-15-2007, 08:54 PM
Dude you must have a sack like a mule...You couldn't give me 2 Ford GT's to take that down the 1/4 wide open...

331TwistedWedge
03-15-2007, 08:59 PM
once you get used to a motorcycle its nothing ..... just like your mustang ...... you start off in the 15's and end up in the 10's ........ same with a bike, you chill your first summer - then the next thing you know, your popping wheelies for 3 gears ........... you sell your 600 for a 1000, lol ........ like anything you get used to it ........

Timido
03-16-2007, 09:27 AM
My Blackbird has about 150hp at the engine and weighs 500lbs. If you have the nerve to run it through the gears it is an unreal feeling. I usually cruise around on it playing a little here and there. Just because you have the power or machine that can do it that doesnt say you have to. Mine has had the front end off the ground a couple times when I was being to aggressive at low speeds > (Under 100)

Foxxx5oh
03-16-2007, 10:16 AM
So...ummm....what's wrong with a 4 cyl turbo?????????

yeah...no shit! come on terry.....

RyanR
03-16-2007, 10:47 AM
can i ride it? lol

beefcake
03-16-2007, 08:23 PM
just got home, whew

had to have it tuned down it was setup for track duty only, c16 tune and 10lbs boost

we dropped it to about 6.5, it only made 251 rwhp :(

:)

Carl
03-16-2007, 08:28 PM
yeah...no shit! come on terry.....

Thank you Andy...at least someone's got my back on this!! :HYF: Terry...

Foxxx5oh
03-16-2007, 08:47 PM
Thank you Andy...at least someone's got my back on this!! :HYF: Terry...

well yeah, carl, look at what i drive ;) :bigthumb

SVO :HYF: terry

tmotorsports
03-16-2007, 09:52 PM
Harleys are nice..they even change their own oil if ya let them sit long enough!!!!!!

Harleys have come along way over the years.I'am so sick of hearing how they are just oil leaking motorcycles.The old Iron Head Bikes yes maybe.But the newer bikes do not leak oil everywhere and bolts don't vibrate out all the time.Thats a damn Myth.
I have harley 1200 sportster and have never had issues like this .Nor do any of my friends with their bikes.They ride anything from sportsters to big touring bikes.

beefcake
03-21-2007, 01:35 PM
busted her up to 135 yesterday, just starting to stretch her out to respect the power lol

got their super easy!

Gene
03-21-2007, 02:06 PM
Harleys have come along way over the years.I'am so sick of hearing how they are just oil leaking motorcycles.The old Iron Head Bikes yes maybe.But the newer bikes do not leak oil everywhere and bolts don't vibrate out all the time.Thats a damn Myth.
I have harley 1200 sportster and have never had issues like this .Nor do any of my friends with their bikes.They ride anything from sportsters to big touring bikes.

There's nothing wrong with Harleys anymore from a build quality standpoint. The fit and finish on a new Harley is really top notch.

The problem with Harleys are more in the "performance" and "handling" categories... :D

Kelly Pelrine
03-21-2007, 02:50 PM
Im diggin the paint scheme Terry, very nice!

ricmcusa
03-21-2007, 07:07 PM

Yes it is getting old. The knuckle heads had a constant oil loss system. That was back in The 1920,s. The shovels and iron head sporty's had an automatic chain oiler. Also leaked. Plug it up and buy some chain spray . I have seen some iron heads and shovels mark there spot a little. Mine never leaked.
Nice bike beef cake. Ride it like you stole it. :bigthumb

disnyou
03-21-2007, 07:24 PM
if you want it any faster talk to dave page at page racing aka mr. busa (513)631-page.runs 8.90s at 160 + then takes it to hooters !

beefcake
03-21-2007, 08:04 PM
if you want it any faster talk to dave page at page racing aka mr. busa (513)631-page.runs 8.90s at 160 + then takes it to hooters !

guy i bought it from said he had been 9.2's at @ 162 or so,

don't know how fast i'll ride, but we'll see! lol

BigBadStang
03-22-2007, 11:46 AM
damn Terry! i seen this thread on the board and i thought you broke down and took the Fusion to MD! :lol:

shep
03-22-2007, 07:35 PM
i just got my ninja ZX11 couple days ago. love it. Not the one who will be doing wheelies, of course the bike w/o rider or fluids weighs 515 lbs., but for what the thing has, im sure i could get it up on one wheel. Feels good to rid something i fit on!

Reddog01
03-22-2007, 10:17 PM
Yeah I work for Harley and sell alot of those mid-life crisis bikes. lol Just be careful beefcake. As Im sure you know its not just the rider its often the idiots that don't respect or care to see a motorcycle coming. Harley or sport bike.

BigBadStang
03-23-2007, 11:11 AM
:agree:

well said.