Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
Office chair - best bang for the buck? [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Office chair - best bang for the buck?

RACEME
03-13-2007, 11:04 AM
I have been knocking off these 50-70 hr work weeks, and I want a more comfy chair to sit in. Does anyone have a specific model that they really like? Where are the best deals on them?

Mr.Moontang
03-13-2007, 11:05 AM
use your base and put a car seat on it...thats what I have and its comfy!!!

RACEME
03-13-2007, 11:12 AM
I don't think the office would approve of that. I wish I could just bring in my lazy boy and use a wireless keyboard/spaceball.

Paul408Notch
03-13-2007, 01:47 PM
Is work paying for it? If so, the Herman Miller Aeron is the most comfortable office chair I've ever sat in. I think they're around 800 bucks though.

http://www.momist.com/blog/uploaded_images/11021.E5536582-787042.jpg

If it has to come out of your own pocket, you could always get a Corbeau office chair kind of like what Craig has, or I really like this one I picked up at Costco for about $150. (Sorry I don't know what the heck it's called.)

RACEME
03-13-2007, 01:49 PM
Yeah, out of my pocket. Do you have to be a member of costco?

Holly
03-13-2007, 01:52 PM
I have been knocking off these 50-70 hr work weeks, and I want a more comfy chair to sit in. Does anyone have a specific model that they really like? Where are the best deals on them?

I got a really good deal on one from this place on Orphanage Road next to Dickmanns. ;) Thanks Kevin, I really like that chair, although it makes "noises" - you know, noises men like to make. :lol: It is comfy though, it is better than sitting in the wheelchair.

Mr.Moontang
03-13-2007, 02:00 PM
Is work paying for it? If so, the Herman Miller Aeron is the most comfortable office chair I've ever sat in. I think they're around 800 bucks though.

http://www.momist.com/blog/uploaded_images/11021.E5536582-787042.jpg

If it has to come out of your own pocket, you could always get a Corbeau office chair kind of like what Craig has, or I really like this one I picked up at Costco for about $150. (Sorry I don't know what the heck it's called.)

Thats what Nancy uses at work and they are very comfy!!!

RACEME
03-13-2007, 02:00 PM
:postpix: let see it Holly! (the chair)

RACEME
03-13-2007, 02:04 PM
Does anyone know this place??

http://cincinnati.craigslist.org/fur/285425748.html

DeckerEnt
03-13-2007, 02:56 PM
Holly is talking about the chair Kevin was getting rid of.:lol:
Keith

Gene
03-13-2007, 04:21 PM

+1 on the Aeron chair. I have one in my office, and it is unbelievably comfortable. If you are spending 50-70 hours a week sitting on it, it may be worth the expense.

dedpedal
03-13-2007, 09:38 PM
I got a really good deal on one from this place on Orphanage Road next to Dickmanns. ;) Thanks Kevin, I really like that chair, although it makes "noises" - you know, noises men like to make. :lol: It is comfy though, it is better than sitting in the wheelchair.
God luv ya Holly! That just made my 2 days in hell worth it. Id like to say something about all the noises I made in that chair but I never actualy sat in that one. I used the twin and that one went right to the basement.

holeshot
03-14-2007, 06:39 AM
Hey Tim, we got some pretty sweet chairs at Hill-Rom from The Office Shop here in town. I'm sure they are way over priced, but they are very comfortable.

Oh yeah, I saw you the other day...good to see you had the Mustang out!

RACEME
03-14-2007, 08:19 AM
Hey Tim, we got some pretty sweet chairs at Hill-Rom from The Office Shop here in town. I'm sure they are way over priced, but they are very comfortable.

Oh yeah, I saw you the other day...good to see you had the Mustang out!

I am not paying office shop prices. Yes, first time this year, and baby's first ride in a mustang!

IWRBB
03-14-2007, 09:22 AM
I'm sitting in a Knoll RPM right now with all the goodies, upgraded foam, all the adjustements. It's a loaner to our design company from some furniture company. Although I've had it for like 3 years now. I think it was like $1400 when I checked online, insane. Then again, it's somewhat like a bed. If you are spending a major portion of your life sitting or lying in it, choosing with your wallet isn't the best thing to do.

I personally don't like the Aero chairs, they loaned us one of those as well. It feels like a toilet seat with mesh on it to me- too saggy in the middle, and too hard at the edges. I think they feel cold too since the air is always exposed to your back and legs. Our A/C runs here in even in winter to keep up with all the computers, so it's always cold and drafty.

I really do not think you can find a truly comfy chair without going and sitting in various models for a decent period of time.