Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
Want a opinion from the notch/vert guys? [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Want a opinion from the notch/vert guys?

cobrajoe
03-12-2007, 09:31 AM
Have to buy a new deck lid and sorta torn between a 'glass deck lid or new/aftermarket metal one. Got rid of my stock one due to some rust and holes from the luggage rack (why the hell they put them on the GT anyway!:rolleyes: ). Post up want to hear what everybody thinks.

Ranger50
03-12-2007, 09:39 AM
Can the glass one accept the stock latch/keyhole?

If not, I'd go steel, especially for a street driven car.

cobrajoe
03-12-2007, 12:41 PM
I believe the one from Cervini's is a dup. of stock as far as keyhole mounting etc. just made of glass. But I saw in a article from 5.0 (Feb '07, pg.180) a truck lift that eliminates the torsion bar set up freeing up some much needed room.

Here's the link to Cervini's

https://www.cervinis.com/product.aspx?car=1&id=1149#350

Don"t have a link for the article.

cobrajoe
03-12-2007, 01:06 PM
I believe the one from Cervini's is a dup. of stock as far as keyhole mounting etc. just made of glass. But I saw in a article from 5.0 (Feb '07, pg.180) a truck lift that eliminates the torsion bar set up freeing up some much needed room.

Here's the link to Cervini's

https://www.cervinis.com/product.aspx?car=1&id=1149#350

Don"t have a link for the article.

here's the link to LRS's reproduction deck lid!

http://www.latemodelrestoration.com/iwwida.pvx?;item?item_no=LRS-40110A%20%20%20%20%201&comp=LRS

85_SS_302_Coupe
03-12-2007, 01:36 PM
I wouldn't get a glass lid...it can't save that much weight and it's taking more weight off the back anyways...i'd go with a stock steel or repro steel lid.

92coupe
03-12-2007, 03:41 PM
Try HO Fibertrends for glass lid or Auto Body Panels for a repo locally.

Probably would go steel for daily driver and take the coins you save and buy the trunk lid lift kit.

331TwistedWedge
03-12-2007, 04:03 PM
i would go back with a regular deck lid (if i were you) ... i have one (original factory ford) with a dugan wing *same as the saleen* MINT-came from my coupe ... *brand new emblems* ... i want a lot for it, because the paint is perfect & considering the wing was $229.00 (unpainted) ... i think a factory ford deck lid is 300.00 or more (unpainted) ? ... its wild strawberry metallic, not sure what you need ... $400.00 FIRM ........ not pushing to sell it, but i would let it go for that .......

here's a few pics ........

ibstrokin
03-12-2007, 04:45 PM
I have a glass deck lid on my vert. I got it from H.O. fibertrends,good deck lid, but If you go that route dont connect the factory hinge springs. Mine bows a little bit because of that. My car never sees rain anymore,but if You drive alot on the street, I would probably go steel. I beleive you can still run the stock lock assembly, but I shaved mine and just use elec. release,be sure to run a ground wire to the latch assembly if you go that route.