Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
Daylight Saving time change!!! [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Daylight Saving time change!!!

cobrajoe
03-10-2007, 09:16 PM
Does anyone know the affect this earlier time change will have on our computers? Curious! Does that mean we have to change over manually?:confused:

Holly
03-10-2007, 09:22 PM
Ours usually change over by themselves. I already set all the clocks ahead this afternoon, just trying to get used to it.

I am ready for daylight savings time. It will be nice to come home from work and have a few hours of daylight. Not long until green trees, green grass, and sunshine every day. All this BLAH (scenery) is bumming me out more than I already am. Mom and I were coming back from the flea market today and saw some snow still lingering in spots (up north by Kings Island), it's all melted around here now.

88ssp
03-10-2007, 09:31 PM
as far as I know, since DST is a month early, the computers are gonna need done manually. Thing is, when the "old" date comes along, the computers will move forward again and then users will have to move them back manually.

I could be wrong, I guess we will all find out tomorrow, though.

Mista Bone
03-11-2007, 02:07 AM
puter and cell phone both went from 1:59 to 3:00.

The VCR's will be a problem, mom has nine!

denial
03-11-2007, 02:12 AM
my pc switched automatically, weird eH?

Black Horse
03-11-2007, 06:54 AM
my pc switched automatically, weird eH?

Have no fear - Microsoft is in control of everything.......

Timido
03-11-2007, 08:17 AM
Yea good night at work 8 hours pay for 7 hours work!@

MrsAPE
03-11-2007, 08:38 AM
i hate time changes. but love the longer daylight times. i just wish they didn't wait until sundays to change it. give us a couple days before we have to work the next day!!

Black Hole
03-11-2007, 09:53 AM
If it's a PC and you're running XP or Vista, it'll change automatically. ;)

In my entire house I only need to change my watches and 3 normal clocks....all the others (cells, tvs, cable, computer) are automatic.

88ssp
03-11-2007, 10:46 AM
My Mom's computer has XP and it didn't change. Must be in one of the MS updates.

blueoval4ever
03-11-2007, 02:03 PM
My Mom's computer has XP and it didn't change. Must be in one of the MS updates.

If you right click the time on the task bar then click adjust date/time. it will open a box with 3 tabs. Date & Time-Timezone-internet time. On internet time you can set that to update with a time server.:bigthumb

jrmylmach1
03-13-2007, 05:33 AM
Strange, I have a desktop that didn't change and a laptop that did change. I checked and they both are up to date according to the microsoft website. Oh well, whatever.

Mista Bone
03-13-2007, 01:01 PM
is the box checked for apply DST time change?

jrmylmach1
03-14-2007, 08:34 AM
is the box checked for apply DST time change?

I don't know if it is on the home computer or not. I am on the road right now and my laptop is checked so I will have to check on the home computer. I don't know why it wouldn't be, I never have messed with that menu before.

Jeremy

ADaughen
03-14-2007, 09:53 AM
I don't know if it is on the home computer or not. I am on the road right now and my laptop is checked so I will have to check on the home computer. I don't know why it wouldn't be, I never have messed with that menu before.

Jeremy

What operating system is it?

We've had to update our Win2000 Pro/Servers here at work. If you're running anything other than XP, Vista, or Windows 2003 you'll need to download an DST editor.

Time Zone Editor (http://download.microsoft.com/download/5/8/a/58a208b7-7dc7-4bc7-8357-28e29cdac52f/tzedit.exe)

jrmylmach1
03-14-2007, 10:01 AM
They are both xp. I even went to the ms website to see if I was up to date and it said both were. I will definately check the box to see if it is checked for the DST time change.

Probably something simple.

ADaughen
03-14-2007, 03:25 PM
If you change it to a different time zone "apply" then change it back to Eastern (-5T) it should fix the problem.

Black Hole
03-14-2007, 04:07 PM
If you change it to a different time zone "apply" then change it back to Eastern (-5T) it should fix the problem.
That's what I had to do to get my cell phone (I-mate K-Jam) to link up with my email and calendar correctly...even after I had downloaded the patch.... :dunno:

Carl
03-14-2007, 05:20 PM
Here at work, all of our cpu's are controlled by the Comm squadron. So we can not change the date/time ourselves. It's wierd that some of the cpu's changed and some didn't...??? I dunno, they are have the same OS and are all hooked to the same LAN.

ADaughen
03-15-2007, 12:11 PM
Here at work, all of our cpu's are controlled by the Comm squadron. So we can not change the date/time ourselves. It's wierd that some of the cpu's changed and some didn't...??? I dunno, they are have the same OS and are all hooked to the same LAN.

We have clients with a similar setup. Our main server controls the date/time on all the workstations. If one goes offline they will get all out of whack. Usually a reboot fixes the problem.

jrmylmach1
03-17-2007, 06:03 AM
Well, I finally made it home and checked my computer. It was the checkbox for the DST switch. Figures it was something simple. :mad: